Chapter 6: Orientation Day

When I awoke the next morning, I was pretty pumped. I got out of bed, performed my usual morning routine, prayed and put on some workout clothes for my run.

Behind the residence, there was a small field, so I decided to run a couple of laps there. It was a little humid outside, but the sun was doing its work--aka shining--which pushed me to run more laps.

After my run, I went back to residence for a quick shower. By the time I was out, it was 8:30 AM.

Great, I have time for breakfast.

I checked the cupboards in the kitchen to see what was in stock and was happy to find some oatmeal. Opting to mix it with almond milk and top it with bananas and blueberries, I made a mental note to go grocery shopping.

While I finished eating breakfast, Victoria emerged from her room, dressed and ready for the day.

"Good morning," she said softly.

"Good morning," I replied with a smile.

"How did you sleep?" she asked while taking something out of the fridge.

"Very well, thank you. It was much needed," I replied with a small laugh. "Hey, I wanted to go grocery shopping later on, I was wondering if you could tell me which stores are the best and have Vegan options?"

"Shut up! I'm Vegan too," she exclaimed.

It was the first time I've seen her offer me more than a straight face and sarcastic comments, so I was pleasantly surprised.

"That's cool! I'll buy stuff for the both of us then," I replied.

She nodded before leaning against the counter and answering, "Sounds good."

Then she proceeded to give me grocery information, which  I quickly scribbled in the notes section on my phone. 

"Thanks," I said.

"You have your orientation today right?" Victoria asked, between sips of coconut water.

"Yeah I do. I should probably get going. My friend is gonna be here any minute now."

"Cool. It's boring, but exciting for a newbie I guess."

And we're back to the unnecessary comments. 

Paying her no mind and choosing to smile,  I quickly washed my bowl and got my bag and orientation packet from my room.

Victoria was just sitting in front of the TV and watching Dance Moms, so I took the opportunity to check my appearance in the mirror in the hall. 

Shortly, there was a knock at the door.

I went to open it, but Victoria had already beaten me to the punch.

"Uh who are you?" she asked Milo.

Milo just stared at her, his mouth agape.

"Hi guys! They're my friends Milo and Bianca. Milo, Bianca, this is my roommate Victoria," I said, after five seconds of silence from Milo.

"Hi," Bianca said.

Milo just...stared.

"Anyway, see you later Victoria," I said.

Victoria shrugged and went back to the couch. I grabbed my stuff and closed the door.

We then made our way downstairs. I was talking to Bianca about groceries when Milo finally decided to break his silence.

"WHAT THE HELL CAROLINA I THOUGHT WE WERE BEST FRIENDS!" Milo exclaimed.

"Jesus, what's wrong with you!?" Bianca said, jumping in surprise.