Chapter 10: An Almost Kiss

"He did what!?" Bianca whisper-yelled, with an excitement shining her eye.

"I think he tried to kiss me. Well that is, before Victoria barged in," I replied.

I took a sip of iced tea and welcomed its coolness. I had just finished telling Milo and Bianca about every single encounter I had with Elijah and your girl was parched.

"I ship you guys so hard right now," Milo said, stealing a fry from my plate.

"I don't know...I feel like they have some sort of history," I muttered.

"They do," Bianca confirmed.

My mouth instantly dropped.

"And you tell us this now? You're officially worse than Caro over here," Milo scoffed.

I swatted at him, but unfortunately he managed to successfully thwart my attempt at shutting his trap. 

Bianca told us more:

"Yeah, they dated for a year and suddenly broke it off this summer. They were super into each other. Everyone was shocked when they called it quits," she started.

"Well, how come they broke up then?" I heard myself ask.

"That's the mystery--no one knows," she continued. " But I heard that Victoria cheated on him," she finished.

"Wow. And they still dance together?" Milo inquired.

"They kind of have to. They're working on a small show together for one of their classes," Bianca told us.

"That explains that time we saw them practicing a couple of days ago!" Milo realized.

"And why he rushed off before we had a chance to lock lips," I added.

Milo and Bianca gave each other a look while I wore a pout.

"I'm sure it won't be the only chance you'll have," Bianca offered.

"It kind of is. I mean...if I don't get admitted into the program--" 

"You--we will both be. I can feel it in my bones," Milo said whilst restlessly tapping his knee.

"When do we get the official news?" I wondered out loud.

"I agree with Milo--and they'll announce the results tomorrow morning," Bianca said.

I nodded. "So what should we do now?"

"Let's watch a movie? And then we can go out tonight to dance away the jitters you both are feeling, but are crap at hiding," Bianca decided, pointing towards Milo's leg.

"I'm down," Milo replied.

"Same," I replied with a huge grin on my face.

"Alright then, let's pay and get the hell outta here," Bianca said, waving our waiter over.

******

"This movie is so trash," Milo complained for what seemed like the hundredth time.

"I think it's hilarious," I shrugged.

"And I think that Sharknado is very bad. It's a little good too though," Bianca admitted.

I laughed and checked my phone for more messages from Rosa. I had texted her all about Elijah, but I don't think she was awake yet.

"Who are you texting?" Milo asked, wiggling his eyebrows.

"My best friend Rosa," I said. "So, where exactly are we going tonight?" I asked Bianca, tucking my phone away in the front pocket of my jeans.