Chapter 9: The Audition

I woke up feeling fresh and ready to nail my audition.  Texts from Rosa and my mom wishing me luck motivated me. I also received one from Milo telling me to meet him in the Living Room for breakfast.

After I showered, got dressed and made sure that I had everything packed and ready for my audition, I went to meet him.

He was already sitting down at a table talking to Bianca and munching on an apple. As soon as he saw me, he waved me over.

"Hey babe how are you?"

"Hey guys! I'm good, excited but nervous. You?"

"Same," Milo said. "Do you have any tips that you can give us?" he asked, directing the question towards Bianca.

"Honestly, if you keep the energy high and, if you remain your authentic self, then there is no reason why the both of you won't be admitted to the program," she said.

"Cool. Thanks ," I replied.

As they continued to converse, I got up to get a meal.

In the kitchenette there was a wide array of breakfast options including eggs, fresh fruit, tofu scramble, oatmeal, cereal, waffles and turkey bacon.

While serving myself a generous amount of tofu scramble, fresh fruit and oatmeal, I was thinking hard about not messing up my routine later on.

I didn't even notice Elijah entering the room until he started waving his hands around my face.

"What? Sorry I was deep in my thoughts," l said, shooting him an apologetic look.

"That's okay," he said with a smile. "I just wanted to wish you good luck with your audition."

"Thanks Elijah," I replied brightly.

With that, he left the room with his breakfast in hand.

I returned to our table and Bianca and Milo were staring at me while I was trying to peacefully consume my food.

"Okay guys seriously? Why are you just staring at me like that?" I finally asked.

"Oh no reason, just because we know you and Elijah have a thing. That's all," Milo said nonchalantly.

"I do not," I replied, while rolling my eyes.

"Girl, we can see you right through your lies," Bianca chimed in. "You cannot lie to save your life."

"Look,  just because he helped me with my rehearsal yesterday doesn't mean-"

"Excuse me, what!?" Milo exclaimed.

Shit, I forgot that I hadn't told them about that part of my rehearsal.

"Nothing," I stammered, a blush creeping up my cheeks.

"I never knew you could blush like that," Bianca said with a laugh.

"Tell us what happened!" Milo insisted.

"I was just practicing my routine and he saw me and decided to help," I rushed out in between bites of oatmeal.

"Oh my G-" Milo started.

"It's no big deal guys really," I said, trying to convince even myself.

"Whatever you say," Bianca said, with a smile.

"Anyway, we should get going for our auditions Milo," I rushed, taking a last bite of tofu.

"Okay but this conversation isn't over!" she said, while clearing our plates.

I rolled my eyes in response. Bianca wished us luck and then we made our way to the auditorium.

While walking across campus, I couldn't help but think that maybe I did have a thing for Elijah.