Chapter 7: Dirty Dancers

Okay, I was being a bit dramatic. They were obviously working on a choreography. But he was still dancing with her. And they seemed familiar..like partners who understood everything about each other's bodies.

"Oh. My. God," Milo and I reacted in unison.

I shot him a quizzical look and he said, "It's the queen of this school. In the flesh."

I rolled my eyes and turned back towards the 'dirty dancers' right in time for the end of their dance routine.

Why are they dancing together? How does he know her? Are they dating? Why am I so jealous?

Shaking my head as they hit their final pose, I barely had the time to turn back towards the stairs, when Milo started applauding.

Bianca smacked him on the arm, but alas, she was too late.

Both Elijah and Victoria turned towards the sound. Elijah was confused when he saw us for a second, but then his gorgeous eyeballs met mine and he...smiled. And waved.

I returned the favour as he started walking towards us.

OMG! He's coming this way!!

He opened the studio door and said, "Hey! Carolina right?"

"Hey...yeah. Yes." I replied, a slight blush tinging my cheeks.

"Did you want to use the room?" he asked. "We were just finishing up here."

"No no, we were just touring campus grounds," I explained. "These are my friends Milo and Bianca by the way."

"Oh okay. Nice to meet you guys," he said, nodding towards my friends. "Listen, I'm about to hit the showers, but maybe I'll catch you guys later in the Living Room?"

"Yeah, maybe" I said.

Elijah nodded and went back in the studio to grab his stuff.

Out of the corner of my eyes, I caught Bianca wiggling her eyebrows. 

I resisted the urge to flick her off.

Meanwhile, Victoria had already packed up her duffel bag and was saying something to Elijah. I couldn't really hear everything, but I was able to pick up on the words "next week" and "YouTube". 

Elijah nodded again. They hugged and he said bye to everyone before heading for the gym showers.

On the other hand, Victoria walked right passed us, with an annoyed look on her face, without so much as a peep.

Bianca rolled her eyes and I tried not to giggle because, to be honest, homegirl looked like an angry praying mantis.

Milo however, looked like he had seen Rihanna in the flesh.

He rudely nudged me and said "Ask her if she wants to eat with us!"

Sighing, I called out to her "Victoria!"

She turned and said, "What?"

"Do you want to go to dinner with us?" I reluctantly asked.

She looked surprised at my question but quickly recovered. "No thanks, I've got to shower before class."

I nodded and off she went. We shortly followed suit, while talking about how good Elijah looked. Then, Milo started peculating on what they were working on.

"Maybe, they're running a secret sexy dance club!" Milo exclaimed.

"In the middle of the day?" Bianca asked.

"An with a only two people?" I further questioned.

Milo shrugged and muttered something that sounded like 'haters' under his breath.

He wasn't in a sour mood for long though. We had arrived at a nearby restaurant called Moxie's.

And boy, could Milo eat. We started with corn chips and guacamole, my favourite, and then he ordered a burger with a double serving of fries, plus a platter of chicken wings.

Bianca had fish tacos with fries and I had a red thai curry rice bowl.

By the time we finished our meals, the place was getting packed and really loud.

"Y'all wanna bounce?" Bianca asked.

"Girl,I haven't even had dessert yet. Apparently they sell the best brownies," Milo said.

"Milo, you're still hungry after everything you just had?" I asked incredulously.

"I can't help that I'm a growing boy!" he retorted. "Give me that menu."

To avoid getting my hand bitten, I slid him the dessert menu, confused about if I should be worried or impressed.

"Guys, what are we doing after this?" Bianca said.

"We could go to my place and watch a movie," I replied. "But after that, you guys are on your own because I have to practice my dance routine," I explained.

"Deal," Bianca agreed.

"What about you?" I asked turning to Milo.

"I'm down."

"Okay good. Now, let's have that brownie," I said with a smile.

******

A couple of hours later in my living room, the credits were rolling on our film to Avril Lavigne's Girlfriend.

Bianca was perched on the armchair while Milo and I were all cuddled up on the love seat.

I yawned, stretching my arms out, when Bianca broke the silence and said:

"Milo...are you crying?"

I looked up and sure enough, there were a few tears in his eyes. This  confused the hell out of me given the fact that we just watched Mean Girls.

Milo sniffled in response and Bianca started cackling. He shot her a dirty look and that's when I joined in with her.

"Why are you crying?" I managed to wheeze out.

"The girls were so mean," he snapped. "And the ending was so sweet--Cady shared her crown!"

"I can't even with you right now," Bianca said. "I'm outta here. Text me later hoes!"

She grabbed her bag and slammed the door shut. I could still hear her giggling as she walked down the hallway.

I let out my final laughs, got off the couch and went in my room to grab my gym bag. When I came out, Milo was scrolling through his phone. I covered my mouth to avoid laughing again and he rolled his eyes.

"I'm out of here too," he said. 

"Okay. I'm going back to the gym," I replied.

"So you can spy on your little boyfriend?" he said, while wiggling his eyebrows.

"No. And he's not my boyfriend."

"He could be if you play your cards right."

"Goodbye Milo," I singsonged, pushing him out the door and locking it behind me.

"Bye babe, let me know how the practice goes," he said.

"I will!"

With that, we parted ways.

It was dark outside so I walked quickly. This time, there was an attendant at the front desk, Jack, who gave me a tour of the facilities and took the time to explain to me how to reserve a dance studio.

"Thanks Jack," I said.

"No problem Carolina. Let me know if you need help with the music," he replied.

"I will!" I yelled from the stairs.

"You'll what?" a voice suddenly asked from above.

My neck snapped up towards the voice and I saw none other than Elijah.