Chapter 11: Cabana Oh Na Na

Show me my love...oh yeah... show me sweet love...

The DJ blessed the speakers with Major Lazer, Wale, WizKid and Dua Lipa's hit song.

Meanwhile, the Cabana was absolutely beautiful and full of life.

Outdoor everything was luxuriously decorated in white and icy blue, and there was a bar and lounge centered around a large pool with private cabanas. 

There was even an upscale restaurant called Oliver & Boccocini or something.

I didn't really care because I was happily lounging by the pool , lemonade in hand, while Elijah and Milo were playing ping pong.

Bianca was telling me a story about the the time a guy hit on her in front of his girlfriend who yelled at him during the entire time. I laughed at the ridiculousness of the tale.

After exchanging more stories, we decided to go for a swim. I turned around to ask the guys if they wanted to join us and they agreed.

"Let's play chicken!" Milo suggested as he jumped into the pool. "I'm with Bianca."

Elijah and I laughed as he flailed around in the shallow end. We both slipped into the pool and looked at each other awkwardly.

Meanwhile, Bianca was already on Milo's shoulders.

"Hurry up you two before Milo throws me in here," Bianca squealed.

Elijah smiled, took my hand and effortlessly pulled me up onto his shoulders.

We played for about 20 minutes, laughing every time Bianca or I fell into the water.

At one point, when we were all tired, Milo and Bianca went back to the cabana and I was left alone with Elijah.

"My limbs feel like jelly," I said giggling.

"Hop on my back," he suggested. "I'll take you over to that unicorn floatie."

I happily obliged, jumping onto his back and wrapping my arms around his  broad chest.

Did I feel him shiver?

Ignoring my thoughts, I boldly rested my cheek beside his neck. He waded all the way over to the other side of the pool where the unicorn was waiting for us.

He then lifted me onto the the plastic toy.

"How ridiculous do I look?" I yelled over the music.

"What are you talking about? You look like you're the queen of this entire pool!" he yelled back.

I blushed and tapped the empty space behind me. "Hop in."

"I'm so glad you invited me tonight," Elijah said, shifting his weight so we wouldn't both tip over.

"So am I," I replied.

"I definitely needed this. Thank you."

"Me too."

"You've been so wonderful and inspiring to me," he continued, pressing his hands on my waist to stabilize himself when a couple of reckless dudes cannon-balled near us.

I shivered in response.

"Are you cold?" he wondered.

"No...I...uh...thank you Elijah. You're so sweet to me," I sincerely expressed, twisting around to look him in the eyes while I said this.

His eyes instantly zoned in on my lips and this time I decided to go in for the kiss.

He got the message, leaning in at the same time as me--