FIVE (Iselen P.O.V)

"Coffee, coffee..." I grumble to myself with a zombie like voice while I walk stumbling through the dark kitchen half asleep... but today I don't trip over the table and hit my little toe. What the...? I turn the light on and realize that the table and chairs are slightly off-centre, they aren't in my way to the sink where I fill the coffee maker tank anymore... I don't remember moving them last night... must've been my mum... Judging by the way she's snoring she's still sleeping on the living room couch but she could've woken up half drunk at midnight and come to the kitchen looking for a bottle of liquor.

I look through the window while waiting for my coffee wrapping up with my old wool jacket that covers my worn out pyjamas... wait a minute, I'm not wearing the jacket... I always leave it at the foot of my bed and put it on automatically when I get up because the house is freezing, but not today... Oh my God! Did I leave the heater on? I run out of the kitchen and downstairs to the basement while my mind can't stop repeating 'no, no, no...' I can't afford the heater turned on all night long. That's why it's a good thing I didn't do it... the boiler of hell, that breaks down every now and then and costs me a fortune in repairs and maintenance but I can't replace it because I have no money for a new one, it's turned off like it always is every morning. How the hell is the house warm then? This isn't normal, doors and windows are old and the ice cold air sneaks in easily...

I turn around slowly and look at the darkness on the other end of the basement, I think I've heard something and... I hate this place, this is the perfect setting for a scary movie. The old clock chimes six times in the living room scaring the hell out of me till I process the information in my brain. Shit! I'm going to be late today of all days when we have important guests. I run upstairs again forgetting about the heater and rush into the kitchen, I open the jar of cookies and shove two into my mouth, I chew quickly trying to not choke on the crumbs while I pour myself a cup of coffee and drink it in one gulp... Fuck! I'm going to burn my tongue... but no, coffee is at the perfect temperature.

"What's wrong with this house today? Did the pixies visit me last night or something?" I growl while running upstairs in order to wash up and get dressed. Luckily, I don't have to make lunch for my employees since Mina hired a caterer that will make lunch and dinner for the film crew next three days and she insisted that my employees and I must join them, I complained a little but she managed to get it her way: she was right, actually, and it's the most practical thing to do in this case so I gave up before I usually would do. I put on my jeans quickly, a dark blue and white plaid shirt and an Army green vest with lots of pockets that matches my old rain boots and raincoat, I comb my hair in a ponytail and stop for a second to look at mi reflection in the mirror: the same Iselen as always, maybe the dark circles under my eyes are better since I got a decent night's sleep, but I still look like a poor gardener... and this is exactly what I am.

*****

If you're forgetting all he ways,

That life is beautiful,

Go and find her...

She'll be someone in the forest,

By the sea or in the garden

Waiting for you

To come and see

Ruby Rose walks slowly through the narrow aisles between rose bushes while her beautiful voice recites line after line of her new song, without missing a note despite the fact she's singing a cappella. Sometimes she stops to graze a flower with her knuckles or stare at the glass ceiling, wearing black from head to toe in contrast with the beautiful blood red flowers. It seems easy but the truth is that this is the third time they're repeating the song, they've filmed already in different areas of the greenhouse with the cameras placed in different locations. Then they'll choose the best shots the last day and they'll edit them in order to create the perfect music video, at least that's what Rada told me. Eaco stays close to the door watching that nobody comes in and above all that a neighbour doesn't sneak a phone in and takes pictures or films Ruby. My greenhouses have become a place of pilgrimage since yesterday and I think the whole county has dropped by to 'say hello' to me and taking a look at the same time. Media will find out that she's here soon and my property will be a circus even though Mina has sworn that she'll do her best to prevent it.