FIFTEEN (Iselen POV)

"What the Hades...? I can't believe this... They're here again..." I clench my jaw angrily while rushing downstairs from the terrace of my bedroom towards the Elysian Fields, the long train of the silk tunic in a lavender shade I'm wearing sweeps the ground behind me, bothering me when I walk around the bushes covered with flowers, snagging on the branches while I dodge nymphs till I reach an area where quince trees grow... temptation... how appropriate... In fact, that's exactly the problem.

Nymphs... dozens of them getting in my way, all kinds of nymphs: Nereids from the sea, Oreads from mountains and caves, Dryads from forests or Naiads from springs and rivers... I run into them constantly, they're singing and dancing till I get a headache, in orchards, in the Asphodel Meadows, in the new rose garden, in temples, the lake... luckily, they aren't allowed to step into the palace but still, they're really annoying, showing off all the time, combing their brown, blond or red long hair... even blue if they live in the ocean... and half naked. Apparently, the rivers of the Underworld have their own nymphs and they're here too, of course. They all smile kindly and bow with fake respect when I walk past them, but they start whispering and laughing behind my back when they think I can't hear them, criticizing my tunics and my hands stained with soil systematically... I know why they're here... they come looking for my wife.

Since the moment word spread that Hades had found Persephone we not only receive visits from other gods, they're my family after all, but also those nymphs, the Muses and hunters that escort Artemis have come here to greet me. That's their excuse, paying respect to the Queen of the Underworld... while they flirt blatantly with her wife... my wife. They all are waiting for Hades to go back to her old ways and they don't stop spying on her and pretending that they bump into her accidentally in order to find out who's going to be her next lover. No matter how many times Ruby rejects them, how many times she refuses to talk to them while she's busy ruling her kingdom or if she gets furious and answers rudely when they get closer. Nymphs keep pestering her, showing their bare breasts, batting their eyelashes and rubbing her arm or shoulder when they manage to touch her... and they don't care if I'm looking at them while doing it.

I was too shocked by their impertinence at first, then I was amused every time I saw Hades' stressed face when one of those girls appeared out of nowhere but now, after a few days, I'm starting to get really angry. They don't seem to understand that my wife is a new woman and she's not interested in cheating on me anymore. Besides, their presence isn't just a nuisance but they're ruining my work: they don't care about where they're putting their feet and squash flowers and young plants, they pick up roses from bushes in order to use them as a hair ornament and frighten animals every time they sing. Even Cerberus is about losing his patience and howls nonstop when hearing them. I've asked Ruby to kick their butts out of here but she seems unable to do it, she promised me they'd get tired eventually but the truth is that they keep arriving, more and more young girls wandering around the underworld. I understand she can't close the Erebus and immortals always have free access but those nymphs are going too far and I can't understand why such a powerful goddess is unable to control them. Sometimes I wonder if she feels flattered by the attention...

Finally, I arrive to an area of the garden where a massive fig tree is growing... dispute... yes, this is perfect: I feel like having a good fight with my wife. I'm furious and sick of bumping into nymphs everywhere, I want all of them out of my kingdom right now. A laughter that sounds like a crystalline water spring makes me roll my eyes, there's another one here apparently... 'Damn! They're everywhere...' I mumble angrily while walking around the tree trunk and I find a young and beautiful blonde girl, wearing a light blue tunic that exposes one of her breasts... kissing Hades while grabbing the lapels of her leather jacket with all her strength. My wife pushes her away and cleans her mouth with the back of her hand before yelling: