SIXTEEN (Iselen POV)

"For Zeus' sake, I should've done this a few years ago... it feels so good... like I took a load off." I take a deep breath enjoying the fresh air and the smell of liatris flowers that cover the fields in shades of pink, violet and white... here I go again... That's exactly what I'm planning. I chuckle quietly while buttoning my jacket up. "Hades, you won't get rid of me so easily... but I must hurry or I'll be late."

I smile mischievously while walking into the house, it's been a day full of intense emotions and work but I've managed to achieve my objectives, I got about three hours of sleep last night because I was getting things ready and I'm exhausted but it was worthy. I look around... I'll miss this place deep inside, it's the home where I spent my childhood and every corner hides a memory of my grandparents, the smell of freshly baked cookies, Christmas ornaments sparkling under the light hanging on the tree of the living room... when life was easier and I was happy. I get into the office where my luggage is waiting, the desk is covered with papers and books because I didn't bother to clean last night... who cares? I look at the cover of one of my grandad's books with curiosity, the picture shows an antique vase: a very talented artist who died centuries ago designed a beautiful drawing that shows Hades and Persephone sitting on a throne in the underworld. I smile amused when I realize that my tunic is fancier and my jewels sparkle more, it couldn't be otherwise... Hades was a very handsome guy and looked good in a beard but he can't compete with my Ruby, her beauty is infinite and I thank fate and the hell of chaos because my husband is back turned into my wife.

"I'd better take this with me just in case..." I mumble taking the book about Greek mythology and shoving it inside my bag, I've spent hours reading and taking notes last night but I'll need it to go over the plan. The sound of the entrance door startles me... "Just in time..." I grumble while getting closer to the hall. As I thought, my mum has arrived wearing shabby clothes, she obviously needs a shower but she went to the town and bought a bottle of gin, I guess, that she carries hidden in a paper bag. But I don't care anymore.

"Cora?" she seems shocked to see me at home, I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't remember our conversation from yesterday because she was drunk although I suspect she's good at pretending that she doesn't remember things when it suits her interests.

"Mother, I want to talk to you..." I lean my shoulder on the doorframe calmly and she frowns when hearing my mocking tone of voice. She has no idea of what's coming to her. "I got up early this morning and went to town, I've been very busy in the bank and attended several meetings here and there... But it's done, finally..."

"What? Did you ask for another loan? I thought your new 'friend' was going to help you, she has a lot of money, hasn't she?" Well, it seems that she remembers our conversation after all.

"No, Demetria, I haven't extended the mortgage... I've sold."

"I thought there was nothing valuable in this house anymore..." she mumbles confused. She knows it well since I'm pretty sure she's checked if I was hiding some knives of the silverware more than once.

"I've sold the greenhouses, mum, my employees bought them..." The old hag stares at me horrified, like her mind soaked in alcohol can't believe what I'm saying. "Now they're all partners and managers... they'll be fine, they've been with me for years learning and they'll keep the good reputation of the greenhouses now that we're famous thanks to Ruby. The bank gets the house, by the way, to pay the mortgage... You have two days to find a new place to live. There's a copy of all the papers on grandad's desk along with a bag with half of the money for you... I have no obligation to give you anything but I think it's the right thing to do. You can do whatever you want, rent a room in town and drink the rest of the money till your liver blows out if that's what makes you happy. You aren't my problem anymore and you're on your own from here. This is for you too..." I point at a bouquet of aster, small indigo coloured flowers that look like daisies, in a vase on the kitchen table.