TEN (Iselen POV)

"I'm lost, definitely..." I mumble while walking through a long corridor flanked by tall marble columns. The whole palace seems to be made of precious stones, colourful marble, fine wood and gold decorations... living rooms, dining rooms, galleries... everything is spotless and the candles of the crystal chandeliers light up while I walk by but I haven't run into anybody despite it feels like I've been walking for hours. Walls and ceilings are covered with paintings and, even if I'm not an expert in ancient mythology, I can identify some of the key players in the Trojan War, Zeus with one of his many 'girlfriends,' the three Graces dancing in a beautiful garden or the last Hercules' Labour that involved apprehending Cerberus. I swallow hard, scared while I stare at the amazing animal: I just remembered that there's a huge dog with three heads outside guarding the gates of hell, I can't escape from this place without Ruby... Hades... helping me...

I heave a sigh of resignation... no matter how mad I'm at my hostess, I can't afford to get on the wrong side of Hell Bitch and I have to keep talking to her. I need her to take pity on me so she can let me go... Although it'll be difficult since I don't know where she's hiding right now. A door opens behind me scaring the hell out of me once again and I get closer cautiously, my hand on my racing heart, till I stick my head through... the massive rectangular room is empty. I walk slowly looking around with my mouth wide open, this is... I've never seen something like this before: the marble floors in red, black, white and golden colours; the walls covered with gold framed mirrors, works of art, crystal candle holders and tables with gold legs; there're chairs and benches upholstered in crimson red velvet and a gold moulding frames the ceiling where the Olympian gods are painted in a fresco looking at me.

My footsteps echo through the massive hall while I shake my head: this level of luxury is insane and not what you'd expect to find in the palace of the Queen of the Underworld. It isn't dark, cold, dank and gloomy, it doesn't give the impression that we're inside a ginormous cave. There're some stairs at the back of the room flanked by very tall Corinthian columns that lead to a golden baldachin with crimson curtains embroidered in gold and below... Hades throne, I presume. She manages to surprise me once again because, despite of the fancy environment, the throne is actually quite simple: a seat made of dark uncarved wood but that's what makes it stand out. I graze the armrest with my fingertips but I move my hand away quickly when some voices startle me, they come from the window to my right that leads to a balcony, and I get closer leaning on the railing cautiously.

Yes, this looks more like how I imagined the Queen of the Underworld's palace would be. The courtyard is massive and the black cobblestone shines due to the millions of feet that have polished it while walking, the palace walls are grey and, despite it's obvious that this is a solid building, my skin crawls when I realize how old it must be actually. The light is soft and comes from an undetermined place since I'm only able to see the cave ceiling very far above my head along with some shadows flying... bats, most likely. There're three thrones in the middle of the courtyard very similar to the one belonging to Hades but smaller and Mina, Radamantis and Eaco are sitting, wearing black tunics and chatting while they wait. Suddenly, the enormous cast iron gates open and an old man of Asian descent gets closer walking slowly.

"Silpa-Archa, welcome..." Rada smiles while reading something in a huge book that's on a side table. "Sorry to keep you waiting, things aren't working properly here lately but we're trying to fix them... I see nothing special, you lived an average life, you weren't evil but you didn't make extraordinary sacrifices either so... Asphodel Meadows." Mina nods bored, agreeing with the sentence, and the old man turns around and walks the same route he did before. Minutes tick by while Rada notes something down in her book and asks Eaco. "Who's next?"

"This is one of mine," the big guy answers checking his own book.

"For Hephaestus hammer's sake, this is going too slowly..."Mina rolls her eyes while the gates open again and a young man gets closer with determination.