V

" That was psychotic," I tell Kylian. 

I can't believe we almost didn't win. We won the damn world cup two months ago!! I don't know what our problem was, but it needed to be fixed before our game with Germany. 

I was pretty sure we would beat them because they don't have it together either. But I can't go and assume things. 

------------------------

" You ready to meet her?" Kylian asks. 

" No," I say looking at my phone. 

I was on her Instagram, but he didn't need to know that. I just wanted to see what kind of person my friend was hanging out with. It was no big deal. 

Kylian gets up and I quickly put my phone away. I seriously didn't need him to see it and make some ridiculous remark about me wanting to meet her and hang out. 

I hear his phone go off as he begins to FaceTime someone. 

" I just got on the plane," a voice whispers. " And I am supposed to turn off my phone."

He laughs and they then talk in French. Was this the girl? I was vaguely interested, but not enough to go over to him. Instead, Kylian walks over to me. 

" This is Ben, the one I told you about. Formidable. "

She laughs and I blush. This had to be her. He hands me the phone and says he'll be right back. 

I hold the phone in complete silence. I stared at her while she said something to another guy. Damn, he must have gotten her quickly because Kylian said she was very single. Not that I wanted her. It's whatever. 

" Bonjour, " she says timidly. 

" I know English, " I tell her. 

She gives a nervous laugh and doesn't say anything. 

" You're coming to France?"

" Oui - um, yes, I am."

I laugh. She seemed so nervous and cute. 

" Put your phone away before you get us kicked off the plane," The male voice says. 

" You are the worst brother ever," She tells him. " Bye Ben," She says before ending the call.

I was somewhat glad she was single. I mean if she had a good personality and I liked her, then maybe. I didn't want a rebound so she would have to be worth it.

" Here." I hand Kylian his phone, " I have to go somewhere. "