IX

LILIANA'S POV-

I pull the pillow close to me. I could smell the good cologne that had rubbed off onto it. I couldn't match it to any of the guys I knew. 

Wait, whose bed was I in? Oh my god.

I jump out of the bed and notice that I was wearing the clothes I had on yesterday. I reach for my phone that I couldn't find. I look at a clock to see that it was ten am.  Damon was going to kill me. I hadn't even called him and let him know that I wasn't going to come back to the hotel. 

I walk into the bathroom to see that I didn't look that bad, but I was not at my finest. I run downstairs.

" Has anyone seen my phone?" I yell out.

" Oui." 

I look over at Ben who had it right beside him.

" You left it on the canapé last night. "

I walk over to him, " Merci."

" Are you staying?" Ben asks.

" No, I have to get back to the hotel before Damon gets even madder."

" I'll drive you," Ben blurts out. 

Kylian stops eating and stares at him.

I purse my lips, well then.

" If you want," He says quieter.

I slowly shake my head. " Ok."

--------------------------

We get into Ben's car and he starts it. 

" Where's your hotel?" He asks. 

" It's the Shangri-La Hotel," I tell him.

" Okay."

---------------------------

Both Ben and I get out of the car.

" Do you not want me to go, too?" He asks.

I shake my head. " It's fine, really."

We walk into the lobby and I head over to the receptionist desk.

" Salvatore," I tell the lady working. 

" Liliana?"

" Oui."

She hands me a key for room 65. I look over at Ben, " Are you coming?"

" Sure."

We get on the elevator and stand in silence. I could feel Ben's eyes on me but I don't say anything. 

The doors part and I walk to my room. Before I can even knock, the door opens to reveal a very pissed off Damon Salvatore. 

" Where the hell have you been?"

The door wasn't open wide enough for him to see Ben. I hope it stayed that way. 

" Damon, don't be that way."

" You can't just run off while we are in another country. I don't even know French!" He exclaims.

" I'm sorry, Damon."

" You should be, now get in here."

He opens the door to see a shocked Benjamin Pavard. 

" Well, well, well," He shakes his head. " You were with this guy?" He points at Ben.

" Not exactly," I say while pushing past him. 

Damon turns around, " Don't leave your friend waiting."

I turn back around and head for the door.

" Where are you going?"

" I'm getting my friend," I say sharply. 

I grab Ben's arm and pull him into the hotel room. I keep a firm grip and lead him to my room.

I shut the door and lean my head on it. I refuse to cry at my embarrassing brother. Especially in front of Ben. 

" Come here."

I look up to see Ben walking over to me before smashing me into his chest. He perfumed the same cologne from the pillow that was so long ago. 

I return the hug and feel a few tears slide down my cheeks. I couldn't let any more pass.   

" Let's go." He tells me. 

I break out of the embrace and look up at him. " Where?"

" Anywhere."

I nod my head, I really didn't want to be left alone here with Damon. 

Ben grabs my hand and opens the door. 

He leads me out of my room and to the door that would lead me to freedom.

" Lili, I'm sorry," Damon says. 

Ben grabs me by the waist and forces me out the door before I get to reply.