VIII

" Are you hungry?" I ask Kylian. 

" Lili landed," He replied. 

I ask him again because he clearly didn't hear me and I really didn't care about 'Lili'.

" Sûr. Patati Patata Paris?"

" Oui!" I hadn't had that in forever. " I'll go get us some and bring it back."

" Lili said she would be ici bientôt."

I nod my head, I could deal with that. " Bye."

--------------------------------------

I go and order my food when I notice two people sitting in the corner. There was no one else there, so I  heard a little bit of their conversation.

" Are you seriously going to eat all that?" The guy asks the girl. 

" Yeah," She answers timidly.

" Fatty," He says.

" Cállate idiota." She replies. 

He rolls his eyes at her. He didn't seem nice, but she seemed familiar. There's no way that could be the girl Kylian is friends with. 

She glances over at me and smiles. 

I nod my head, grab the food, and hurry out of the little restaurant.

  -----------------------

After Kylian and I finish eating he tells me that Lili was on her way. 

--------------------------

I hear a knock on the door and I rush to it. Kylian didn't even try to get up. I open the door to see the girl from the potato place.

Ai. 

" Bonjour," She says quietly. 

" Liliana," Kylian yells from inside the house, " Come in."

She steps around me since I was awkwardly standing there. She - Liliana - runs into Kylian's arms and he spins her around in a tight embrace. How did I miss this?

" Je vous ai manqué," She tells him.

" Same," He replies. " Ben, get over here."

I close the door and slowly walk over to them. I don't join their hug party. 

" Ooh, let's watch a movie," Lili suggests.

I shrug my shoulders, how bad could it be?

---------------------------

She was sitting between me and Kylian holding a huge bowl of popcorn. I felt too close to her, I didn't know her. She seemed comfortable around me, and I was, too, but not entirely. 

At around two am Kylian announced that he was going to bed. 

" Ben?" Liliana looked at me.

" Yes?"

" Are you going to sleep?"

" Not yet?"

" Do you want to watch another movie?"

" Sure."

" It's all settled then," Kylian says. " Goodnight."

" Sweet dreams, Kylian," Lili replies in a sing-song voice. 

He goes to his room and it was just me and Lili. We sit on opposite sides of the couch and just put the popcorn in the middle. ( We had to make over five bags because Kylian ate it all. )

She put on a scary movie and had somehow ended up right beside me. 

" Why did you pick this?" I ask her. I had slightly warmed up to her.

" Because I like it."

" But it scares you." I look down at her clinging to my arm. 

She lets go of me and clears her throat. " I grew up watching stuff like this. It's my thing."

" Sorry," I tell her.

" It's fine, you can ask whatever you want."

I didn't take her literally, even though there were a few things I did want to ask her. We dropped the subject and got back to the movie. 

-----------------------------

I turn off the tv and turn to Lili. She was passed out laying on the couch. I knew I couldn't leave her there and Kylian's other room was full. I guess I had to do the gentleman-y thing.

I picked her up and carried her up the stairs. I open the door to the room where I was supposed to be sleeping. I trip over something and nearly drop her in the floor. I pull her close to me to avoid that. 

I carefully lay her on the bed and cover her up with the blanket. I silently wished she was awake enough to ask me to stay or something, but I toss the thought away. 

I walk back downstairs and grab a blanket, this was going to be a fun night on the couch.