Part Five

Me and Lenny are sat on the bed watching a movie. I've had a tough day, so he's treating me to a date night in. He yawns and lays his head on my shoulder. "Are you tired Lenny?" I ask, and he nods, shutting his eyes. I turn the movie off and lay down with him, and a few minutes later, he's sound asleep. I fall asleep as well, but I wake up around an hour later, roll over to find Lenny but he isn't there. I sigh and lay back down, hitting my head. "Fuck," I whisper and grab my phone.
---
Emily: where are you?
Lannan:

Emily: hmmmm that's my cup boiLannan: I'll make you one babeEmily: alrighty I'll be here waiting for you 😏---Lannan walks in with two cups a few minutes later and hands me one, sitting next to me

Lannan: I'll make you one babe
Emily: alrighty I'll be here waiting for you 😏
---
Lannan walks in with two cups a few minutes later and hands me one, sitting next to me. "Half two in the morning." I sigh, looking at the clock. "I hate being awake at this time in the morning." Lannan sets his tea on the little table and puts an arm around me. "I'll always be awake when you are. No matter how complicated this shitty mental illness of yours gets, I'll always be there. You're the only person I want to spend my life with." He wraps both his arms and legs around me and plants little kisses all over my neck. I set my tea down next to Lenny's and return the kisses he's giving me.
---
The next morning, I wake up to the smell of bacon. Lenny's cooking? I walk into the kitchen to find him stood behind the cooker, with the radio on, cooking eggs and bacon. I creep up behind him and wrap my arms around him, laying my head on his shoulder. "Hello Lenny." I say in my morning voice. "Mmm hello sweetie," he says, flipping the bacon. "Did you sleep well?" "No, not really." I say sadly and hug Lenny tighter. The eggs and bacon are plated up with toast and we both sit at the dinner table.