Part Ten

I sit beside Lannan on the sofa and put his arm around me. "I kicked your ass. I was a default skin and you were a God damn tier 100 skin." He nudged me and laughed a little, the dimples in his cheeks showing. My god, how could one man be so perfect? I feel a small kick and immediately put Lannan's hand on my tummy, to which the baby responds with a big one, causing me to wince a little. "Hey shush it up in there, little one." Lannan says, putting his arm around me. "Oh, Joogie wants me to go record a video with him, want to join us?" Lannan asks, looking up from his phone. I nod. "What are we going to play?" I questioned, following him to the recording office. I check over at his screen and see: "Fortnite Battle Royale" and the music is playing. "Gday, gday fellas and welcome back to the Lazarbeam channel, today I'm joined by Joogie and Emmy, along with the little one that's growing." "I don't think an unborn baby is able to play Fortnite, Lannan." Joogie tells him. "I know, I know. I was being stupid." He remarks, chuckling. "Let's do play ground mode!" I shout, taking over Lenny's screen, loading into a match. "I'll be on your team," I said, turning to face Lannan and nodding. We play a couple hours in play ground and do some dumb shit. I grab Lannan's hand under the desk and squeeze it. He does the same and that's his way of letting me know he's okay. I move my character around and aim my scope. I shoot, and a few seconds later, the words appear on the screen: "EmilyLewis sniped Joogie (164m)" Me and Lannan started laughing and he high fived me. "Stupid game," Joogie said and chuckled a little. "I got sniped by a girl." I nod at Lenny. We both respawn and go to Tilted Towers, where the whole server is. We decided to do an open Lobby match and went into play ground mode with people we don't know. I hear a familiar voice talk, and I know who it is instantly. "So, Lenny, where we dropping?" He replies, "Tilted Towers. You won't do it, pussy." I smirk and jump out of the battle bus, landing at a small house next to Tilted. I find grenades and rocket launchers, and kill everyone in town. I turn to face Lannan. "And how many kills do you have?" He tries not to laugh. He has zero. I sit back in my chair and end up winning the game. "Holy shit, you're good!" Joogie says and Lannan walks out of the room. I end the recording and go after him. "Babe?" I shout and hear a faint reply, to which I follow where the voice is coming from. Lannan's in the laundry room. "You okay?" I ask, taking the basket from his hands and putting it on the floor. He shakes his head and sits on the bench, signalling for me to sit next to him. As I sit down, I get a bad pain in my tummy. "Lannan," I whisper. "I think it's starting..."