Part Six

Today is the day I meet Tannar, Lannan's sister. I've heard so much about her and I'm sure we'll get along. "Are you ready?" Lannan asks as I'm stood in front of the mirror buttoning my shirt. I nod as I grab his Patriots hoodie and slip a pair of shoes on. Lannan sits in the drivers seat of his truck and I sit beside him, in the front passenger seat. "What if she doesn't like me?" I say quietly, hoping Lenny doesn't hear. He turns to me and grabs both my hands. "Don't worry, she'll love you. I've told her so much about you, and she can't wait." He pecks my cheek and starts the car. We begin our two hour drive to Tannar's house and a few hours later, we're there. A tall figure is stood by the front door, she has blonde hair and wearing a top and jeans. That must be Tannar. Lannan grabs my hand as we both step out of the car and make our way towards the figure. "Hey, you must be Emily." She says and holds out a hand. I shake it and nod. "Yeah that's me." I say.
---
"So, how is life in Sydney?" Tannar asks as she hands me a cup of tea. "It's alright, the only down side is that I'm stuck to this stupid idiot for life." I chuckle and nudge Lannan's arm. He nudges back and smiles. "I am certainly an idiot, but I'm your idiot." He puts an arm around me and kisses my cheek. "You two are so cute together!" Tannar says, snapping a pic of us. "Thanks, Tan." I say. Lannan gets up and leaves me with his sister in the kitchen. "So, how long have you been dating now?" She asks, producing a plate of biscuits. I take one and dip it in my tea. "Around six months now. There's something I need to say, but I don't want you telling Lenny at all until I'm certain." I tell Tannar sternly. She nods and I grab both her hands. "There's a chance you could be an aunt." I say and she lets a little squeal out, trying not to draw Lannan's attention. "Really?" She says as she smiles wider than ever before. I nod and grab another biscuit as Lannan enters the room again. "What did you two talk about?" He asks as he sits on my lap, tea in hand. Me and Tannar both look at each other and I tap the side of my nose three times, to indicate that it is a secret. "It's for me and Tan to know, and you to find out." I tell him, smiling. "I just need to stay tonight as me and Tannar are going somewhere tomorrow." She nods in response. "I'll go set up Len's old room for you." As she says that, she exits the room and goes up the stairs. "Can you go and get my bag from the back seat of the truck?" I ask Lannan politely and hand him the keys. He gives me a little kiss and trots off to the car.