Never Insult The Blonde - Gray x Natsu

Disclaimer: All Fairy Tail Characters Belong To Hiro Mashima

When We Take Different Paths Week 2 MLM/Slash

Pairing Natsu x Gray

Prompt: Smoking and Stars

Never Insult The Blonde!

Natsu Dragneel cursed as he took another wrong turn on his way to a pub called Fairy Heart. He stole a look at his watch - he had about thirty minutes to get there. The Trivia Night that had been advertised on their website started at 8:00 PM. He only hoped his friend Sting had already arrived and had gotten them good seats. He hated being stuck at a table that did not have a good view of the TV.

They had been doing this for years, it was the way they kept in touch and it was also a lot of fun - most of the time. Unfortunately, they had been banned from more clubs than they could count. They were both very competitive and this led to some altercations, sometimes with each other but most often with some of the other teams. Most recently they had been banned from Blue Pegasus. Fairy Heart was the last place left in town they could go to. They had both promised to be on their best behavior this evening.

Natsu finally saw the bright neon sign for Fairy Heart in the distance and relaxed - he should have plenty of time. He found a parking spot and locked his car behind him. As he walked towards the entrance, he noticed a guy standing outside smoking. He was tall with dark hair and skin that glowed in the moonlight. He was super hot, so hot he was smoking Natsu thought to himself and laughed. More interestingly, the guy had taken his shirt off and hung it up on a nearby bush.

Natsu admired the man's six pack, he was very fit. The smell of the cigarette wafted towards him and his nose wrinkled in disgust.

"Do you have to do that here?" Natsu groused. "It's a disgusting habit and once it gets on your clothes, you can never get it off."

Gray pointed at his shirt and made a point of exhaling towards Natsu. "Where would you have me do it then? I certainly can't do it in there." He pointed to the 'No Smoking' sign on the window.

"Whatever man, all I'm saying is that it makes you look unattractive." Natsu shrugged and continued towards the door still focused on getting a good spot for the game.

"You think I'd be attractive without it?" Gray grinned at him and Natsu scowled before coming up with a comeback.

"I'm pretty sure I could do better," he managed before making his way inside to look for his friend.

The inside of the pub was dimly lit. There were lots of tables, a dance floor and several TVs already set up asking for teams to sign in and enter their names. He looked around for the blond hair and horrible fashion statement that was Sting. Natsu himself was dressed casually, he'd had a meeting with a rock group about an upcoming show and they did not tend to like suits. Quite frankly, neither did he.

He continued to look for Sting with no luck when he suddenly felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. He quickly grabbed it and saw from the caller ID that it was Sting.

"Where are you man? I can't find you anywhere." Natsu walked into the pub's bathroom, trying to find a quiet spot to have a phone conversation.

"Don't be mad, okay? I'm at Blue Pegasus, I forgot we got banned last week." Sting said quickly. "There's no way I can get to you in time with traffic being the way it is. I'm really sorry."

"Oh come on, I told you like five times," Natsu whined, this was the highlight of his week.

"I'm sorry, it's been a rough week. The owner said he'd let me in if it was just me so I'll stick around here. That guy I told you about is here, maybe I'll get the nerve to talk to him."