Hopes and Fears - Natsu x Nonbinary Gray

Disclaimer: All Fairy Tail Characters Belong To Hiro Mashima.

When We Take Different Paths Week 5 - Spooky Tales
Pairing: Natsu x Gray
Prompt: "I thought you agreed I should wear this costume to the party tonight?" "Oh I agreed to you wearing it tonight, but I had no party in mind"
POV: Third Person Omniscient

Hopes and Fears

"Hmmmm, Graaay" Natsu moaned into Gray's mouth as he felt the delicious friction of Gray's cock grinding against his. He kissed Gray even harder, his tongue a weapon intent on conquering his boyfriend's mouth, his hips moving to the rhythm Gray had set.

Gray pulled back and gasped for breath. "Jesus man, it's not a death battle."

"I can't help it, you drive me crazy! Sometimes I just want to devour you." Natsu smirked, a mischievous twinkle in his eyes. "That gives me an idea..."

Gray snorted but relaxed, waiting for Natsu to do as promised. Natsu was very, very good at giving pleasure. Soon they were back to kissing and Natsu's hands began to explore Gray's body with gentle touches that soon became more demanding. Mouth followed hands and both began a slow descent south, tongue dipping into the sensitive areas discovered over years of exploring the landscape of Gray's body. The sensations Natsu was inciting elicited moans and pleas out of Gray that would not be quieted.

An alarm tried to pierce Gray's pleasure-filled haze but was ultimately ignored as those hands moved ever closer to jean buttons and Gray quivered, cock already twitching with anticipation.

Ever a tease, Natsu's hands dipped inside the waistband choosing to knead well toned muscles before claiming his prize. Gray finally realized what the alarm had been when the hands that had been in constant movement suddenly stopped.

"Gray, what--" Natsu tried to ask but before he could get any further Gray had already grabbed his shirt and was putting it back on. "Love? Where are you--."

"I-I have to go. I forgot Mom needed me to help her with... something." A very red faced Gray said as he practically ran out the door, leaving a very confused Natsu standing half naked in his living room.

"What the hell just happened?" Natsu asked the empty room.

He stood for a few moments before beginning to pace. Was that girls underwear? As far as he knew they didn't make guy underwear like that. But why would Gray be wearing girls underwear? Did he lose a bet?

Is that what's he's been hiding all this time? That thought made him pause for a moment. Gray had been hiding something for a while, of that he was certain.

Is that why he's been spending all that time by himself? He slumped on his couch and tried to work through this thoughts. Gray had been wanting to stay home more and more and now that he thought about it, his appearance had been changing too. The change was gradual but it was definitely there. Gray had grown out his hair. He'd pierced both his ears too, but only ever wore the one earring. Which made no sense, really. And sometimes after one of those nights alone he'd have nail polish remnants on his fingernails. The more he thought about it the more a pattern was emerging and only one thing could explain it. Gray liked to dress up like a girl.

Natsu sat in the dark and let that thought steep for awhile. The bigger questions now were, how had he never noticed before and what was it going to mean to their relationship? He didn't have an answer to either but that didn't stop him from spending a long sleepless night worrying about it.

o-o

Gray left on a school trip soon after and had not made any attempt to contact Natsu or even return any of his texts. Natsu had tried to talk to Gray's mom about it but she would only say that if they were having a problem he was talking to the wrong person.