☼-

There is no room for sleep, but there is room for running to his friends to ask some questions. He have the right to.

He noticed Cream in her backyard as he ran by, watering a few flowers with her sky blue chao flying around her. Sonic made an entrance and screeched in front of her, making her yelp and drop the water can over her head. Soaking her clothes and fur.

"Oh shoot..." Cream mumbled, shaking herself to free some of the water. Her ears flapping cutely.

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you, but I need some answers, here and now" Sonic said, tapping his foot impatiently and crossing his arms. Cream looks surprised up at Sonic, not expecting to see him this mad. "Uh, answers? What would you like to know Sonic?" She asked kindly, smiling at him, her body still dripping wet.

"Miles have been playing games with me for too long. There is something he keeps saying that annoys me to the core. Something that happened four years ago seems to be very important" Cream tilted her head in confusion.

"He also told me that you guys know something that I don't. Amy especially-" He grabbed her shoulders softly, not harsh. "What happened four years ago, Cream?"

There was a slight pause, before Cream sighed. Sonic removed his hands from her shoulders. "Sonic... I am not so sure why you want to know. Yes, Miles is after you and saying this, but why does he want to know?" She asked carefully, looking into Sonic's eyes.

Usually, Sonic wouldn't have the patience to explain further, but this is Cream. She is the softest, loveliest and have the biggest heart of them all. He couldn't let that slide.

He took a deep breath and let himself down on the grass. Cream joining him.

"Miles have been giving me notes ever since- you know who, died. They each involved a riddle which I have to solve before time runs out. Leading me to each and every one of you being in some sort of danger, caused and planned by Miles" Cream widened her eyes. "So, you received a hint that I was in danger then?" Sonic nodded. "I wasn't quick enough to figure it out, so I was way beyond relieved that you were ok when I arrived"

"Anyways, Miles have told me more than once that there is something that happened which made him this way, but also that I am part of it" She nodded, understanding where this is going.

"Sonic, I think you should gather everyone to meet at Amy's hospital room. Ask us all there, so everyone knows what's going on" He stayed quiet, but nodded in agreement.

Hospital - 8:40 pm

"Ok, so why did you call us all here again?" Amy asked, sitting in her hospital bed. A heart monitor next to her.

"There is something you guys are hiding from me" Sonic crossed his arms, looking annoyed out on the circle of friends.

"Hiding? What should we be hiding?" Knuckles asked, looking at Sonic with a face. Many looked at each other with confusion.

"Cream told me that you guys are hiding something, especially Amy" He looked at her, who widened her eyes and looked back like Sonic's crazy.

"Cream told you what? What did you say Cream??" Amy remained calm, but it was visible that she is annoyed. Cream took a step back.

"Don't blame Cream, ok Amy. At least she is telling the truth" but Amy remained small-eyed towards Cream.

"Miles told me-"

"Miles?! Where?!" Blaze suddenly panicked. Sonic sighed. "Not here. He is not here Blaze..." Silver calmed her down by laying his hands on her shoulders. "Sorry..." She mumbled, embarrassed of her outburst.

"Everyone have been attacked by Miles-"

"Not me" Knuckles said, hitting his chest manly, proud of himself. "Yeeeah- besides Knuckles. All of us have been attacked, but Miles have been on my tail ever since the beginning. There is also something he have been hinting about, something that happened- four years ago?" Sonic looked out over his friends. He noticed some of them reacted.

"This is important guys, Miles keeps hinting me. But this is the one answer that I need help on figuring out. Please, you need to tell me" He gathered all of his attention to Amy, who refused to look at him.

"No. That's final" She crossed her arms. "What do you mean with 'no'? This is Miles we are talking about!" Knuckles replied.

"Because I promised Sonic not to remind him of anything so he could fix up the shit he started!" Amy shouted back, wincing from the headache. Everyone looked at Sonic, who looked even more confused- but surprised. 'Wait, I told her what now?'

"Get out please- before I lose my mind..." One after the other, they walked out of the room. Sonic hesitated, but when he got pushed to the side by some doctors, he walked after his friends. All quiet until they walked out the doors of the hospital. Silver said his goodbyes, returning to his own destined room. Sonic, Knuckles, Blaze and Cream remained silent.

"Well, I should probably go back to Angel Island. Sorry it didn't work out man" Knuckles pat Sonic's shoulder before he walked off. Blaze waved with a small smile before leaving as well. Sonic sighed and lifted himself over at a nearby bench. Cream slowly joining him.

"I don't understand anything. Why is this 'thing' so important. Amy- ugh" He rested his head in his palms. Annoyed over not knowing what to do. "You guys, society is in danger because of Miles. And probably me- since Amy said something about that. What did I do that was to entirely wrong...?"

Cream moved a little closer to Sonic, poking his head softly. His ear perked up. He turned his head a little, looking at Cream with his emerald eyes. Now darkened in sorrow.

"I may not be allowed to say everything, but I can tell you a little.. If you would listen...?" Sonic suddenly straightened himself, looking at Cream with a smile. Signalizing for her to continue. She exhaled some air which she held before talking. "Four years ago, was the year Miles was known as a murderer all across Mobious. We all feared him then too, detectives, police officers and many more were doing their best in hunting him down. Before you captured him".

"And...?" Sonic leaned forwards, interested in hearing more. "He was your friend, best friend and there was something which you did that made him- him"

X

'There was something which you did that made him- him' Sonic is walking home after the scene in Mobotropolis hospital. Rethinking what Cream told him before she left to her mother's call. He sighed, frustration leaving his lips. "This doesn't lead me anywhere! I know only a little of the puzzle, still I am missing the main pieces. I only get short stories out of the main one"

"That's rough buddy" A groggy voice spoke from behind him. Sonic, stopping dead in his tracks- spinned around to meet the person.

"Vector? What are you doing out here detective, this late?" Sonic questioned, scratching behind his ear while smiling. Happy that it's someone familiar.

"I am actually looking for you Sonic. Now that I found you, I have something to ask you: How is the search going on Miles? Any information thus far?"

Sonic felt a cold shiver run down his back. Miles have been putting a real challenge on him and his friends, that he completely forgot that he had the job to catch the fox as well.

"Ah, funny that you ask that. Miles have been a bit of a... pain. You could say. He is also devilishly clever and made me lose him from both grip and sight. Turns out this is a bit of a task- but I will get him next time, promise" Sonic lended out his hand, striking his easy going pose.

Vector looked at his hand for a second, before shaking his head and picking up a note from his jacket's pocket. "Having a hard time huh, you don't seem to be so happy in telling me what you have been struggling with" He said thoughtfully.

"Heh, you could say that" Sonic retrieved his hand and rubbed his quill.

"Well then, allow me to refresh your memory then-"
'What in the heavens is he talking about..?'

"Miles, also known as Miles Prower turned out to have murdered his classmates back in the time. He have a friend named Rotor who he also murdered after you ran away-" Sonic's eyes widened in shock. 'How does he know all of this..?'

"You have also encountered him numerous times, but still haven't even touched him with the handcuffs. He was also in your room this early morning without a weapon. What did you do? Let him talk you into nonsense" Vector growled and crumbled the note he have in hand.

Sonic gulped. "You had one job Sonic, catch Miles before he murders anyone else!" Vector scowled at him, dropping the crumbled ball to the ground. "Well, first of all, I am not finished. And second- Miles haven't murdered anyone el-" Vector slapped a newspaper in Sonic's face before he managed to continue. "Read"

Sonic mumbled something unheard and gripped the paper, scanning over the text. His eyes widened as he reached a page with a number. Looking up at Vector. "36...?"

"Yes, Sonic. 36 people brutally murdered or missing. Some are unknown deaths and others are severe. What in the heavens have you been doing in the meantime!?" Vector grabbed the papers away from him, leaving Sonic in shock. His heart beat increasing. 'Miles have... murdered 36 people, playing with me to prevent me from stopping him...'

The hedgehog is lost. Being used like this. It's too much to digest. "But, how did you know what I was doing this whole time...?" He stuttered, trying to calm his panicked heart. 'So many innocent lives lost...'
"Since we sent you out on this mission, we placed a chip inside of your ear, allowing us to hear whatever was being said" The hedgehog immediately poked his finger inside of his right ear, searching for the chip. He touched it soon, picking it out and breaking it with his fingers. "So, you didn't trust me either huh...?" He mumbled, looking up at Vector who have a suspicious expression on his face.

"Sonic, we have noticed a slight difference in your attitude recently. You are more scared and aware of what is around you. As well as getting better in catching hints" Sonic stretched. "Yeah, so?"
A click caught the hedgehog's attention. "Are you sure you are on our side, or are you messing with us as well, Sonic the hedgehog?"

Vector pointed his gun towards Sonic's head. His heart almost jumped out of his body, eyes shrinked and his body got ready in battle position. An instinct of his. He have been in this sort of situation with his friends before.

'Do they assume me a traitor?'