Up, down, left, right

A week has passed, and our duo is making their way back home to Mobotropolis. Luckily, the weather is more mild in this area than in the Palmtree zone.

As Sonic and Tails reached the top of a hill, they spotted the city below them. As lively as ever, with cars and mobians passing by, but from their view they all looked like small dots.

"All right, back on track in Mobotropolis city" Sonic said as he placed his hands on his hips. Turning to look back at Tails who looks down at the city. Clearly showing that he doesn't want to go back.

"Sonic..." Tails started, getting his attention.

"I am not going any further than this" He simply said, crossing his arms.

"Huh?" Sonic looked surprised back at Tails. "Why? Are you scared or somethin'?" He smirked.

Tails only lowered his ears slightly backwards to make his annoyance clear, then he looked back at the city view in front of them.

"I am not scared to go back, but there is something I need to tell you before we part" He didn't even glance at the hedgehog as he continued. Not being able to see his muddled up face.

"I have been thinking through this and I know what to do. I want to right up my wrongs and by that, do what I should have done for a long time ago" He exclaimed, his hand fiddled with something in his pocket.

"Sonic, thank you for everything you have teached me, I might come back to say hello though" He smiled and walked over to the hedgehog.

Sonic smiled, his arms crossed. "So, you are a good guy now or?"

"Eh, you can't make an omelette without breaking the eggs, right?" Miles smirked, looking up at the hedgehog, due to his height.

Sonic sweat dropped. "Heh, no..." Tails chuckled and grabbed him rather harsh by his jacket collar.

"I am doing what I think is right. It may not mean to entirely stop killing, but it is a change" Miles looked into Sonic's eyes, he could see them soften up.

"So, what is your plan?" Sonic asked, Tails still holding his collar.

"Ssh, that's a secret" He winked. "For now"

Sonic chuckled. "I am not surprised"

The fox let go of Sonic's jacket collar and turned around to walk away. But he stopped, walking back again.

"One more thing you stubborn hedgehog-" Before Sonic knew it, ge got tackled to the ground faster than he anticipated. His breath leaving him for a split second. Tails pinned him down with a knife against his throat. Sonic did not see this coming.

His face showing nothing but pure shock.

"We might meet like this, or the other way around~" Tails explained, smiling at Sonic who let out a sigh from his sudden action.

"Heh, I don't doubt it" 'He hasn't changed that much...'

But Tails didn't remove the knife. Instead, he leaned closer to Sonic's face and kissed him on his lips.

The hedgehog's heart jumped at the speed of light. This happened everytime Tails went in for a kiss. And it startled him every time.

This was also a short one, but Sonic didn't want this sensation to let go so easily. So he put his hands over Tails' head and pushed him back so they could kiss for a longer amount of time.

Tails did not see this coming. In fact, he froze from the action.

They kissed for about two minutes until Tails forced them to break apart, but with Sonic's hands still holding his head, turned out to be a slight problem.