Shift

The police got Miles pinned down to the point he cannot move. They brought Sonic and Rotor in for a talk away from Miles. Starting with a simple question:

"What are you two doing here?" An officer asked. "You ask me?" Sonic questioned back, dumbfounded. "I woke up here all of a sudden and don't remember shit" The hedgehog put simply.

Sonic thought about asking Rotor how he is still alive, but since the officer writes down whatever they say, he decided to stay quiet is the best option. While the officer questions Rotor, Sonic looks over at the fox who is still pinned down. Shivers ran down his spine as he sees the fox looking at him back. He didn't smile, he didn't shake, he is completely emotionless. 'I wonder what he is thinking...'

He know that Miles is dangerous and that he needs to be stopped, but a part of Sonic tells him that people are looking at him in the wrong way. Dangerous yes, but he is still a person with problems, affections that can't be controlled. He needs help, someone to help him out of this never ending circle he runs around in.

"Sonic?" A hand waves in front of his face, snapping him back to reality. "Uh, yeah?" Sonic turned around to see the officer. "May I ask you some questions?"

"You really love those questions of yours officer" Miles said softly, only to get hit in the head by the cop who held him down. "Ouch.." He replied with a boring tone.

Sonic lowered his ears from the sight. "Sonic, you have encountered Miles many times, correct? What happens?" The hedgehog takes a deep breath, holds it for a second, then lets go. "Well, he tricks me. He always has a plan up his sleeve that catches me off-guard..." The officer writes down his words- "Always a plan up his sleeve, huh?" He mumbled, thoughtful.

"It's a low chance that he have one now-" The officer smiled. Only earning a soft chuckle from the fox. "You all are so adorable with those positive thoughts of yours. Thinking this massacre is over already. I'll tell you what officer-" He smiled wickedly. "Things are about to get ugly~"

Just as he said the last word, hatches opened from all corners and walls there is. They all pointed at each police officer there is in the room.

None of the police officers moved away from the pointers, but they all aimed their gun at Miles, shaking of fear. 'Why aren't they moving!?'

"You guys are going to get shot! Run!" But they wouldn't budge.

"We were sent to capture Miles Prower! We are not letting him go anywhere!"

"He can't press a button as long as he is pinned down!" The officer who held down the fox shouted out- visible fear in his voice. Miles chuckled darkly. "Morons~"

Sonic couldn't take it anymore. Fear and anger boiling in his head, heart beat increasing. "He has them installed on voice command!" Every officer widened their eyes in fear, only to realize their mistake too late. Sonic backed off, glanzing at Miles just as he said: "Duck"

The fox's gaze darkened, but his smile remained. "Bang~"

The guns on the walls fired at incredible speed. Hitting all the officers. Blood splattered everywhere and screams of pure pain echoed through the whole lair. Sonic managed to reach the floor before he got shot himself. Seeing Rotor's gun in front of him, he grabbed it. He couldn't see the purple walrus anywhere, but hoped he reached safety in time.

A hand grabbed his own, dragging him out of the shooting range. He stumbled after the person as he ran through a door and down a hallway. "Don't stop running Sonic! He can be anywhere by now!" The hedgehog recognized Rotor's voice and listened. He and Rotor together reached a door in the end of the place, and opened it with a slight movement. The doors slid to the sides like an elevator and they stepped inside.