Chapter 6

*Mature*

Landon is stunned at first, but he quickly catches on and begins moving his lips in sync with mine, and it feels as if we have never been apart. We fit together perfectly, and I enjoy the feel of his perfect, soft lips on mine and his fresh minty taste as if he brushed his teeth before coming to my apartment.

My hands move from his shoulders to his hair, and I grip the curls tightly and begin to walk backwards towards my own apartment. Landon follows me with his hands around my waist and his lips on mine, and together we stumble back into my apartment. I hear the door close behind him and I know he must have pushed it closed with his foot before Landon suddenly swings us around and I end up with my back against the door. Landon's hands move from my waist to my face where cup it and tangle themselves in my hair. He has now taken control over the kiss, and he kisses me with a burning passion that I've never experienced before. It's even better – even more perfect – than I remember.

Suddenly he stops what he is doing and pulls away. He doesn't go far, just far enough to look me directly into my eyes, but it is far to make me let out a sound of frustration and try to bring his lips back to mine.

"I just need to make sure that this isn't a one-time thing," he says between hear breaths, and I stop struggling to reach him. "I want it to be real this time, there's no shitty agreement and it's not a friends with benefits kind of thing. This is a real boyfriend-girlfriend kind of thing."

I quickly nod as I stretch myself far enough to give him a small, light kiss on his lips. "This is very, very real. I want to be with you in every way that I can," I say as I feel tears come to my eyes. "I still love you too."

Landon smiles and lets out a single laugh before his lips are back on mine and we resume our kissing from where we left off. Landon bends down slightly, his mouth never leaving mine, and before I know it my feet are lifted off the ground as he guides my legs around his hips. I wrap them tightly around him and I think he is about to carry me to my bed when he startles me again by removing both of my hands from his hair and direct them upwards so that my arms are stretched out above my head. Here he wraps one of his hands around both of my wrists, and I shiver.

This is new. I feel like I'm completely at his mercy. I've never felt anything like it... and I kind of don't hate it.

That is until Landon's other hand moves down towards the edge of my large t-shirt and begins pulling it up, in the process exposing my stomach.

My no longer flat stomach.

I stiffen, and Landon immediately notices and pulls away. "What's wrong?" he asks as he lets go of my hands and allow them to drop. "Did I do something wrong?"

"No! No, not at all I just..." I trail off not quite knowing how to continue. I'm suddenly very embarrassed. I never before had a problem with my body, and it certainly didn't stop me from dressing how I wanted to or be with whomever I wanted to. "It's just that my body isn't really how it used to be. It has changed a lot since the accident and I'm not as fit as I used to- "

"I'm going to stop you right there," Landon cuts me off, and I'm having quite a difficult time reading his face. Not because of the darkness, but because he looks both sad and angry at once, as if the thought of me feeling the way I do about my body both saddens and angers him greatly.

"Do you know what I thought the first time I saw you again after all of these years?" he asks, and I shake my head. "I thought that I at some point had suffered from memory loss because I genuinely did not remember you looking that beautiful in high school."