Chapter 7

Landon and I spent the rest of the weekend in bed just talking, cuddling and having sex. Lots of sex. I'm sore in that special way that I haven't been in a long time, and I'm certainly not complaining.

One thing that has surprised me is how comfortable we feel around each other. It's like we have just taken over where we left off, well, before the whole problem with unrequited feelings and exposed secrets. Another thing that has surprised me is how much better I already feel about my body. Landon and I have spent both Saturday and Sunday practically without a single piece of clothing on, and I haven't had any problems with it. In fact, I've enjoyed it a lot – no clothes mean easy access and an amazing view after all.

Landon slaps my butt as he walks passed me in the small kitchen. I let out a surprised sound and turn towards him from my spot in front of the stove to send him a (fake) displeased look, but he doesn't even try to look innocent, he just sends a smirk my way and reaches up into the cupboard to take out two deep plates. It's definitely quite a sight seeing as he is only wearing a pair of black boxers and nothing else.

It's Sunday evening and Landon and I are preparing a late dinner before we have to return to the real world bright and early Monday morning. I'm reheating some Spaghetti Bolognese by the stove, and the thought makes me smile. It was the same dish I was making the day Landon came over and met my parents – by accident of course – and it was also the same day that we were together for the first time. The memories wash over me, and I can't help but smile as I stir the meat sauce in the pot.

"You're smiling so much that I'm almost scared that I'm going to lose you to a sauce," Landon says as he comes to stand behind me and wrap his arms around my waist. I sigh and lean into him as he presses a single, hot kiss to the base of my neck. "Do I need to be jealous?"

"Not at all," I say as I turn around slightly to look at him. "I was actually thinking about you and what happened last time we ate Spaghetti Bolognese together." I raise my brows at him, and a lightbulb seems to light up as I do so because he suddenly smiles. A very big smile that suddenly turns into a naughty smirk.

"Well, I'm sure we can figure out a way to honor that memory later." He gives me a quick peck on the lips that leave me wanting more and I smirk too.

Oh, that shouldn't be a problem. At all.

---

Landon and I are cuddling in bed after paying tribute to the very special memory when my phone rings. My hand stops running up and down his gorgeous naked chest for a moment as I contemplate moving, but it doesn't take more than a moment for me to realize that I don't want to go anywhere, and my hand resumes its movements as I snuggle closer to his side. The room is kind of cold because of the open window – we had to open it because we were a little too enthusiastic about reenacting the memory which led to the Bolognese burning – and his body is nice and warm.

"Aren't you going to take it," Landon asks as the phone stops ringing. His fingers are running up and down my back, and despite his warmth I keep shivering from time to time when he brushes by a particularly sensitive spot.

I shake my head. "I don't want to confront the real world yet."

Landon is quiet for a minute before he says anything. "Speaking of the real world... how are we going to do this... us mean." He says everything quite slowly and quietly like he's afraid what my answer is going to be, and I look up at him with a frown.

"I already said that we are serious. There's no friends-with-benefits-agreement this time. That's what you wanted too, right."

For a moment I'm worried that I got it all wrong, but Landon quickly nods his head to confirm what I said. "That's not what I mean," he says as he sits up slightly. I follow along still with my head on his chest as my hand comes to rest at the bottom of his stomach. "Of course, we are together officially this time. What I meant is it isn't exactly normal for a couple to live directly across from each other. Do we take it slow, or do we do what we want to do and don't think about the pace? Personally, I don't want to take it slow, I want you to sleep in my bed and wake up with you, and I want to come home to you every day and have you tell me all about your day, the good and the bad."