Epilogue

"Don't tease me like that! I'm never going to get this pie finished and we are going to be late for the dinner at my parents," I say as I try – admittedly a bit halfheartedly – to push Landon away with my elbow and decorate the blueberry pie at the same time. I catch a view of my right hand as I put the finishing touches on the pie before it goes in the oven.

At first it was very difficult to even look at it, but as time has gone by I've grown to love the now light pink marks that are scattered all over the hand. They are a part of me and my story, and I've come to realize that over the past three months.

Regarding Matt, his burns were pretty severe, but the last thing I heard was that his surgery went really well and that he came out on the other side with minimal damage. He's now back in Wisconsin on a medical facility where he can receive the help that he needs whilst being close to his family. I'm really happy that he ended up there instead of in prison. Of course, everyone who knew him in New York where quite shocked to hear what had happened, and I have certainly received more than one concerned phone call from Maggie.

I can't say that I'm entirely past what happened three months ago, but I can safely say I'm on the right track. Landon and I found a nice apartment about 10 minutes away from where we used to live not long after the incident, and since the landlord clearly felt bad about the fact that Matt so easily could break into the apartment because of the shitty locks, he let us get out of the contract early so that we could move in in the beginning of the new month.

It definitely helped to get out of that building and away from the bad memories, but after over a month of waking up every night because of bad dreams, Landon had proposed to me that I should contact a psychologist. I had been hesitant at first, but Landon had been right – as always – and Dr. Brendan had really helped me work through everything that had happened.

So, now we are here, in our new kitchen, baking a pie to bring to my parent's house for our Sunday evening dinner which had now become a ritual. Or at least I was trying to bake a pie, Landon was trying his hardest to distract me with his sinful lips on my neck.

"Come on, it has been so long since I've had you. I need you," he says as one of his hands moves to squeeze my right breast.

I chuckle as I place the pie in the oven. "We had sex this morning, it's not even 6 hours ago."

He groans. "It's long enough."

I send a smirk in his direction as I turn around to look at him. I move my hands to start undoing the first buttons on my plum-colored blouse, and he raises his brows.

"Well, you have exactly 20 minutes until the pie is finished baking, use them wisely," I say, and I almost don't get to finish before he has lifted me off the floor and starts carrying me towards our bedroom.

I laugh and throw my hand backwards as he leans down to teasingly bite my neck, and he squeezes my butt as he says, "Don't worry, I fully intend to do just that."

---

"Hey!" I yell as Landon and I enter through the door to my old childhood home. We are only a bit late, and I'm carrying a delicious and only slightly burnt blueberry pie.

"Hi honey," dad says as he comes to greet us at the front door. He takes the pie from me and inhales deeply. "Uh, I love it when you make pie. Don't tell you mom, but I think you pies might be better than hers."

I chuckle as my mom comes up behind him and slaps his butt hard with the dish towel in her hands.

"You should speak more quietly if you don't want me to hear what you're saying, dear." She takes the pie from him and takes it to the kitchen, but not before she gives him a dirty look. Landon and I laugh at my dad's sheepish face.

"I'll go see what kind of food you mom has made and if it can steal any of it without her noticing," Landon says as he leans down to kiss me before joining my mom in the kitchen. I laugh and smile at his back as I watch him leave.

"The tickets are upstairs in your old room," my dad says as he leans down towards me.

I smile and give him a one-armed hug. "Thanks dad, I'll go get them now before I forget."

I rush up the stairs as quickly as I can whilst still making sure that I don't step on any of the creaking floorboards so that Landon hears me. We are planning a trip to LA next weekend to visit Skylar – and Sean whom Skylar after many months now finally got the guts to become official with – and I decided that I wanted to surprise Landon with tickets for him and Sean to go watch one of LA Galaxy's soccer games. I made my dad order them for me to make sure that Landon wouldn't discover anything.

I quickly find what I'm looking for begin my descent back down the stairs in the same way that I got up. When I'm almost at the end I hear Landon and my dad talking in the living room, and what I hear makes me stop in my tracks and listen.

"I'm really happy that my daughter has you to look out for her. I sleep better knowing she isn't alone at night," he dad says.

I hear Landon chuckle. "I don't think you daughter needs me, sir, but I'm happy that I can help you sleep better at night."

They are both quiet for a bit before my dad clears his throat. "My daughter might not need you, but I'm happy she has you anyways. And I want you to know that when the day comes, and you want to ask her to marry you, you have my blessings."

I shocked at my dad's statement, and I hold my breath as I wait for Landon's answer.

Landon is quiet for a bit, and once he answers his voice is dark, sexy, and sincere.

"Thank you, Mr. Martins. And don't worry, I definitely plan to make use of those blessings very soon."

Well, loves... the end is here. Isa and Landon has had a wild ride, and i'm just happy that they finally got the ending they deserve. I'm hoping that i might get the time to write some bonus chapters in the near future, but for now this is the end. I hope you've loved the trip as much as i have, and thank you for everyone who has stuck by me in the almost 2 years that have gone by since Against all Sanity was completed.

Love you lots <3 I hope to see you again sometime for another story