VIII

“So many words we're not saying."

I was down in the cellar again, not that I wanted to be. The door was wide open, with a big box of some type of food in it to prevent it from closing. I did not want a repeat of yesterday, except this time, Harry would have no idea that I was here.

The reason I was down there was because I figured I had left my phone down there. The last I remembered seeing it was when I set it down beside me. Then, of course, I passed out and lost track of it.

After searching the entire room, I had come to a conclusion that it wasn't in there. I sighed irritability, removing the boxed food and slamming the wooden door behind me. I stomped up the stairs, my arms crossed.

“What's got your panties in a twist?"

I knew it was Harry before I even turned around. He was sitting on one of the couches, flipping through channels.

“You don't happen to know where my phone is, do you?" I asked, slumping in a chair.

He gave me an amused look but remained silent, making me sit up straighter and give him a look.

“Harry," I said in a warning tone.

“Clara," he mimicked, a smirk on his face as he stared at the TV.

“I asked you a question," I said slowly, “and I expect an answer."

He glanced over at me, that stupid smirk still on his face. “Does your phone," he began, “happen to look like this?" He held it up between two fingers, his eyes twinkling.

I clenched my jaw. “Can I have it back?"

“I don't know, can you?" He laughed at his 'clever' joke.

“May I have it back?" I rephrased the question, growing more and more annoyed. I just wanted my phone back, that's all.

“If you can catch me," Harry said. Before I could really comprehend what he had said, he had already leapt up and had begun to run.

“Harry!" I yelped, getting to my feet and running after him.

We ran through the house, Harry laughing; me panting. He was far ahead of me, and he occasionally glanced over his shoulder yelling, “Is this the best you can do?"

Soon, I had lost him, and was wandering the halls aimlessly.

“Harry?" I called, resting against the wall. “I want my phone back!"

Only silence answered, and I sighed, sliding down the wall to take a break.

“I said I'd give you your phone if you caught me."

I sprang up, watching as Harry came out of the room across the hall. He was still holding my phone, and he leaned against the wall, crossing his arms. He wasn't even out of breath.

We stood there, watching each other, until I used the element of surprise to tackle him to the ground.

Harry let go of my phone as we fell, and it skittered across the floor. I grabbed it, putting it in my pocket.

“Well," Harry said as I laid on top of him. “I was not expecting that."

I let out a laugh. I was surprised, too. I hadn't expected him to go down so easily.

Then, suddenly, Harry flipped us over, so that he was looming over me.

“Hey!" I exclaimed. “How'd you do that?"

He laughed. “You weigh, like, ninety pounds."

I made a face. “I do not weight ninety pounds."

“Sorry, it's more like eighty." Harry stuck his tongue out at me, and I copied the action.

We laid there, our eyes locked. I wasn't sure if I was imagining it, but we grew closer, and closer...

The doorbell rang, pulling both of us out of our trance. Harry scrambled off of me and held out a hand to help me up. I ignored it, getting up by myself and brushing off my pants. Harry pursed his lips and stuck his hand in his pocket.

“We'll continue this later," he announced, smirking. “Now, let's go find out who our visitor is."

~~

idrk what to say except that I was going to update an hour ago and then my brother was like "come play minecraft with me and my gf" and so I did

dedicated to @larry1224 bc they were the only person who left a question

who do you guys think the visitor is????

so question of the day!!!! from @larry1224: How did you come up with this story?

My answer: um well I was babysitting three kids who just kept fighting and it seemed like they were trying to get rid of me (even though they probably probably weren't) and then I was kinda like "hey what if Harry had a babysitter??" and then it basically evolved from there.

I have no idea why Clara is younger than Harry or why he even needs a babysitter I just felt like it ok?¿?¿

comment with a question pls :)

xx