XXIX

Zayn agreed to double date, so before I knew it, we were all standing outside of Allie's favourite restaurant. I squinted up at the sign, which was flashing bright colours even though it was nearly four in the afternoon.

"Are we all ready?" Allie asked, glancing at each of us before leading the way. She was wearing a simple black dress with matching black flats. She had tried to get me to wear a dress as well, but I didn't give in, so I settled for a plain white t-shirt and jean shorts.

Harry was wearing just a casual shirt and ripped skinny jeans, but Zayn had stepped it up to the next level. He was wearing a black suit jacket with a gray shirt underneath. It wasn't super fancy or anything, but it but much fancier than ripped jeans.

We all followed Allie into the restaurant, waiting as she chatted away easily with the girl at the front desk. Eventually, we got our seats, Zayn and Harry pulling out Allie's and my chairs for us. Allie thanked Zayn, giving him a kiss before he sat down next to her. I just blushed, mumbling a 'thank you' and staring at my feet awkwardly as Harry took his place next to me. You could tell which one of us had had experience before.

Allie passed out the menus, and we all opened them in unison, scanning through to see anything we liked.

"Hello," someone said, and we all looked up to see a waitress standing there. "I'm Robin, and I'll be serving you today. Could I start you off with some drinks?"

Allie and Zayn ordered two martinis and Harry ordered a beer, and I when the waitress looked expectantly at me, I murmured, "Apple juice, please," feeling embarrassed. She nodded, jotting it down, before walking off.

"You're adorable," Harry chuckled, glancing over at me with a smile on his face. "Apple juice?"

"What?" I said defensively. "There's nothing wrong with Apple juice, and I didn't know if you guys would get yourself piss drunk or not, but if so, then you'd need a driver."

Harry just kept smiling at me, so I turned to Allie. "So," I said. "How are you guys?"

"We're great," Allie replied. "The real question is, how are you guys?" Her eyes flickered between me and Harry.

"Um." I glanced over at him to find that he was staring at me, somewhat expectantly. "I don't really know. We have to, uh, talk about it?"

Harry nodded in confirmation. "Yeah, definitely."

Robin came back with our drinks, and I felt her judging me when she handed over my apple juice. Then she asked us what we wanted.

I didn't really pay attention to what the others ordered, going over the menu to try and see what I wanted. Harry nudged me, and I looked up.

"Do you want to share a pizza?" he asked.

"I'd love to," I replied, setting my menu down. "What kind?"

He shrugged. "Doesn't matter."

We just settled on a simple pepperoni pizza, and once we told Robin what we wanted, she walked away.

"So, Allie," Harry began. "You're going to university this year, right?"

"Yeah," she replied, beaming.

"What are you going to major in?" he asked.

"Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement," Allie answered, and I internally groaned as she began to ramble on about exactly why she was majoring in it bad such. I had heard this about thirty times now.

Half way through her rant, Harry cast me a helpless look, and I had to contain my laughter. 

"I just find it so fascinating," Allie concluded. "So, yeah. Did you ever go to university?"

Harry shrugged. "No. I wasn't ever focused enough to try to get in."

"There were plenty of universities that wanted him," Zayn said. "We always bothered him about why he never went. He said he never had a reason to." He glanced subtly in my direction.

"Yeah, well." Harry cleared his throat. "So you two are going to live together, then?"

"Yeah." Allie grinned widely.

"Don't do anything naughty," I smirked, earning a smack on my arm from Allie and a snort from Harry.

Soon, our food arrived. The pizza was great, which was good. One time, Harry and I both reached for the same slice, and our hands brushed. It seemed like something that would happen in a cliche romance movie, and it resolved in me blushing a tremendous amount. Harry let me have the slice.

We didn't order dessert, since we were all filled up, so we waited for the bill and once Allie paid, we left.

I hopped into the driver's seat, since I was the only really sober one there, and I drove us home. Allie told me how to get to Zayn's house, so I dropped the two of them off first, and then headed to Harry's house. I parked in his lane way and then looked over at him.

"So," I said.

"So?" he repeated.

"Where does this put us?" I asked.

"Where do you want it put us?" he countered.

Our lips connected before I even really processed what was going on. I could taste the beer on his lips, which made me feel bad because he was only doing this because he wasn't himself, but I was too caught up in the kiss to feel too bad for myself.

He pulled away, and he looked at me with big eyes. "Clara Elliot," he began, "I know I've been a jerk to you, and I greatly regret every moment of it. You are gorgeous, every single part of you, and it makes me sad that you don't see yourself the way I see you, and that you don't believe you're worth anything. That's wrong, because you're worth everything to me. I love you, Clara; will you do me an honour and be my girlfriend?"

I was taken aback, but I smiled. "Of course I will," I whispered. Harry relaxed, a smile dominating his beautiful features. "Now, go get some sleep," I ordered. "It's late." I made a move to get out of his car, figuring I'd just walk home, but his firm hand on my arm made me stop.

"Take it home," he said. "I'll come pick it up tomorrow."

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Positive," he murmured, staring at me with his bright eyes. "I don't want anything to happen to my girlfriend."

~~

Idk if any of this makes sense I'm kinda sleep deprived

I won't be updating soon bc exams and stuff and I'm super stressed so yeah

Okay how do you make friends like seriously I just expect them to come up and be like "yo let's be friends" but they don't and I just?? I'm switching schools so please help me I'm rly nervous and freaking out

If any of you want to make a trailer for this that'd be fantabulous just let me know if you do :)

Poem on side (or top idk) if any of you are feeling down ily all if you need someone to talk to hit me up I won't be able to help (sorry) but I can listen

xx