XXI

I spent the rest of the evening in my room, trying not to cry.

He's not worth it, Clara, I tried telling myself, but it wasn't doing any good.

Allie wasn't helping, either. I had texted her once I got back to Harry's, but she kept saying things like “I can't believe he did that to you!" or “You guys seemed so cute together!"

Clara: stop, Al, you're not making me feel any better

Allie: sry :( do u want me 2 come over and beat his sorry ass

Clara: I'd love that

Allie: ok. i gtg bye claire bear

Clara: byee

Miserable, I shut my phone off, wiping my eyes. What was there to do now? I didn't want to just mope, but… actually, that was exactly what I wanted.

I laid back in the bed, staring up at the ceiling, and then it really hit me: I was going back home tomorrow.

Despite everything, I had enjoyed it here. There were so many things that I wasn't used to, and I thing that might be one of the reasons I was so happy here. There were people who actually paid attention to me, people who didn't care more about their work than about me. Sure, the guys spent most of their time thinking up formulas to make sure I left, but they still paid attention to me.

Wow, Clara, desperate much?

I sighed, letting my eyes close. Maybe, if I slept forever…

I heard footsteps in the hall, and my eyes snapped open again. I sat up, staring at the crack underneath my door.

A shadow passed by, indicating that someone was walking down the hall. I heard muffled giggles as well, and I hate to say that my curiosity got the better of me.

I tiptoed quietly to the door, unlocking it silently and sneakily poking my head out.

Stupid Clara. Stupid, stupid, Clara.

It was Harry, of course, though his back was to me. Good. I never want to see his handsome face again.

I heard the giggling again. Frowning, I stuck my head further out the door, and saw a girl next to Harry. She had her arms around his body, and by the way she was stumbling around, I figured she was drunk.

Oh, okay, I thought bitterly, biting down hard on my bottom lip. So he just goes and replaces me. He really didn't like me.

Harry opened the door to the room next to mine, sighing heavily. The girl stumbled inside, giggling hysterically.   

I slammed the door shut, leaning against it. I heard the giggling falter.

I can't get jealous. He was never mine to begin with.

I locked the door, heading back to the bed. I laid down, pressing my face into the pillow. I screamed into it, and then when I pulled away, I oddly felt a lot better.

I reached over and turned the lamp off, rolling onto my side and closing my eyes. I probably could've fallen asleep if moaning didn't start up from the room next to me.

Pursing my lips, I put my pillow over my head, determined to try and block out the unwanted noise. No, it didn't work.

“Oh, Harry!" the girl screamed, and I gritted my teeth, sitting up.

“Shut up!" I yelled.

They didn't, so I threw my pillow at the wall and stood up. I left my room, running down the hallway. I didn't really know where I was going, but I was determined to get away from Harry and his little friend.

I found a room, opening and closing the door, before flopping onto the bed and pressing my face into the pillow. That was when I started crying, because of my parents, because of Harry, because of my life being a total and complete screw up.

~*~

I don't know when I fell asleep that night, but I was glad I finally did. Sleeping is so peaceful, you know? You don't really think of anything, you just kind of… sleep.

I didn't dream last night, thank goodness. I can only imagine what they would be filled of.

I had woken up around six and grabbed a quick breakfast, so as not to run into Harry. Then I went back to my own room, and started to pack.

I wasn't sure when Anne would get back, hopefully sooner than later, but I figured that was when I could leave. I suppose I could leave before then, but I wouldn't get paid, and although I slightly hate myself for this, I mainly took this job for the money.

Later on in the day, around eight, I heard Harry getting up. His friend did too, and I slightly heard their muffled conversation which ended in a slammed door and stomping down the hallway. I assumed that Harry sent her home.

Around eight thirty, Harry knocked on my

door, asking if I wanted food. I remained silent, and eventually he gave up and walked away.

Around ten, I had taken refuge in the room from last night due to Harry bothering me every so often. It was one of the ones further done the hall, and it looked like mine, so it felt kind of homey, except for the fact that it was in Harry's house, and he was the last person I wanted to see right now.

The door opened, making me jump and look up, and who did I see? The second last person I wanted to see right now. Louis.

“Clara?" he said, sounding concerned and uncertain of himself.

“Go away, Louis," I muttered miserably, pulling the covers over my head.

I heard his footsteps head over here, and I internally groaned.

“What happened?" he asked, pulling the covers from my head.

I snorted weakly. “Like you don't know."

His concerned face seemed so sincere that I wanted to tell him everything that happened and how I felt about it, but I wasn't that gullible. I was so sure that he had been a part of the plan, but… you never know.

“Did Harry do something?" he asked softly.

Something inside me broke, and I just thought, fuck it.

“He did everything I wailed!" I began to sob uncontrollably, but I couldn't help it. I was a naive little girl who got her heart broken.

Louis looked surprised by my outburst, but he didn't say anything rude, which led to me wrapping my arms loosely around his neck and press my face into his shirt. I told him everything that Harry did, and he patted my back and consoled me all the while.

“Its okay, Clara," he said once I had finished. “I'm always here for you, in case you need anything."

I nodded, sniffling and pulling away. I looked at Louis, and then at the figure over his shoulder who was standing in the doorway, a shadowy look upon their face.

“Louis," Harry said in a low voice, “we need to talk."

~~

aww Clara bb :(

so I like English class but I hate my teacher bc she gives us so much hw we

does anyone want to start a punk rock girl band with me lol

ask a question if you feel like it

if anyone wants to make me a cover for this fic or Sadist go right on ahead

this is short but I'm tiiiiirred so bye I love you lots

xx