one - irondad

does anyone wanna be friends i'm lonely HAHA (not kidding) HA

Peter had recently convinced Tony to introduce him to the rest of the team, for real this time. As in, not in an active fight in an airport. Tony was kind of regretting his decision. 

It was inevitably going to go sideways, like everything here seemed to go these days. The tension between the team was glaringly obvious, but that hadn't yet seemed to dawn on the teenager who was practically vibrating with excitement.

"Mr Stark?" 

"What, kid?" He grumbled.

"Do you think they'll like me?" Peter said, his smile drooping slightly.

Tony dragged his palm down his cheek in exhaustion. "Sure."

Peter bit his tongue, stopping himself from another nervous rant.

Tony stuck his head around the corner and glanced out into the living room. He saw Steve and Clint walk in, engaged in conversation. 

Tony could see their eyes raking over the familiar room, frowns set on their faces. The rest of the team followed soon after, and seemed to stand around rather awkwardly.

"Sorry we're late, everybody!" Wanda's voice echoed into the space, Vision floating a step behind her. Peter pushed himself out beside Tony, trying to see the newcomers. Despite the overwhelmingly tense environment, Wanda still arrived with a smile on her face. 

"I'm so excited." Peter swept his gaze to Tony. "I almost can't believe these guys are real."

He frowned. "You've met them before."

The boy shrugged, chewing on his fingernails. "It's different."

Tony rolled his shoulders and forced his muscles to relax, looking out at his friends.

"How long has it been since you've seen them?"

"A while." He massaged the back of his neck. "A lot has happened, kid. Don't think I have too many fans out there."

Peter shrugged, "Oh well." He hadn't taken his eyes off of the group in the next room.

"Okay." Tony huffed out a breath. "Ready?"

Peter nodded, swaying slightly on the balls of his feet. He stood behind the man as he stepped out through the hallway. The hum of conversation quickly died.

"Tony." Steve gave a nod of acknowledgement. 

Tony returned the gesture silently.

"What's the big announcement, Stark?" Natasha said, glancing at the teenager standing beside him. She sat cross legged on the couch, and met Tony's eyes with a calculated coldness he hadn't seen in her in years. Tony's gut was in knots. He looked away, and gestured to the side.

"This," he said, dragging Peter out from behind him, "is Peter Parker."

"Hi, Peter Parker." Natasha said, nodding at the boy.