two - spideychelle

"Miss Jones, my class is not a time to be sleeping."

She lifted her head from the desk, her closed fist finding her eyelid as she rubbed away the lingering exhaustion. 

Ned glanced over to her with a small smile. "Tired?"

She groaned. "Ugh, very."

Ned glanced at his watch. "One minute."

She sent him a tired smile as the bell started to ring through the classroom. Scooping up her laptop and books, MJ clambered from her seat, racing out the door as Ned followed behind.

"Why the rush?" He asked, struggling to keep up with MJ's long strides as he juggled his own books.

"Going to Peter's this afternoon," she answered as she swung open her locker.

"Oh, can I come?" He asked, probably having visions of Star Wars Lego sets or whatever.

MJ faltered for a moment, looking at the floor as she walked. "Go ask Peter. It's his house." She shrugged. 

The two sauntered out of the school, quickly spotting the black SUV that belonged to none other than Happy Hogan. He was parked across the street in the bus lane that he most certainly was not supposed to be in. 

"Hi." Peter sidled up between MJ and Ned, nodding at both his friends.

"I have to run home quickly, but would it be alright if I come along later on?" Ned spat hastily as they walked.

"Oh." He said surprised, and glanced at MJ. "Yeah, I don't see why not."

Ned thanked Peter before he broke off from the group, turning to walk to his house.

"So much for alone time." MJ said, rolling her eyes at Peter.

"C'mon, MJ, he doesn't know." Peter defended. "We can't be too harsh on him."

She sighed. "Yeah, I know. It's our fault for not telling him, I guess. It's whatever." 

She walked off in front of him and climbed into the waiting car.

"You know what?" Peter started again, following her in. "We wouldn't be alone anyway. Mr Stark is home tonight. Some of the others probably are too."

"I guess so." She yanked his hand in hers.

"Hi Happy," Peter announced as he slammed the door closed roughly.

Happy only grunted, swiftly pulling the handbrake down. The drive wasn't long, with MJ silently reading, and Peter characteristically rambling about his day to Happy. 

"I don't know how you don't get sick from that." Peter frowned.

She shrugged. "I don't know why you talk so much."

He nodded, pulling his arm away from her. He didn't get very far before MJ linked their fingers together once again. Peter turned to the window, pretending he wasn't smiling into his shoulder.

"Shut up. Stop smiling."

He only laughed louder.

The car came to a stop and Happy spun around. "Get out, please."

"Nice, Happy." Peter mumbled.

Stepping off the elevator, and into the tower, the two teenagers were greeted by a pair of absurdly hungover assassins. Why they were hungover at 3pm, no one would know.

"Peter, not so loud." Natasha said, resting her forehead against the cold kitchen counter.

"Yeah, have some compassion for your elders." Clint added.