ten - irondad

rewrite :)) requests please?

Tony Stark never thought he'd be the kind of person who spends a Thursday morning dropping off his teenager at school, waving goodbye as the young boy disappears into the building. Nonetheless, here he was.

He wound the window back up, let the hand brake go, and put the car in drive, pressing the accelerator to leave. It was a short drive home, the morning traffic beginning to clear. Tony had never felt so domestic, really.

Only hours later did he receive a call. The loud ringing echoed around the walls of his lab.

"FRI, send it to voicemail."

"Sir."

"What?"

FRIDAY said nothing else, and unmuted his still ringing phone.

At the AI's insistence, he sets down the tools in his hand, and reached for his phone. He quickly clicked the small green circle on the screen, holding the device up to his ear. "Hello?"

"Good morning, Sir. Am I speaking to Peter Parker's emergency parental contact?"

Tony hesitated. "Did you talk to May Parker, she's the boy's aunt?"

"Yes, Sir, we tried to reach her but she was unavailable. This number was listed as his second point of contact if Miss Parker could not be reached."

"Well, is everything alright with Peter?" He asked.

"Sir, we need you to come down to the school and collect your son."

"What? Peter? Are you sure?" He questioned the woman. He was unbothered to correct the woman's assumption that Peter was his.

"I am," the voice replied.

"What happened?"

"I'm afraid I can't disclose that information over the phone."

"Okay." He brushed a hand through his hair. "I'll be there."

Before he could end the call, the woman on the other end began to speak again.

"Sorry, I just need your name for my system. You have been listed without one."

Tony rubbed a hand down his cheek, already on the search for his car keys. "Tony Stark."

The woman was silent, her confusion evident even through the phone. Tony didn't wait for her to reply, simply tapping a finger onto the red button before climbing into his car. He pulled out of the driveway without another thought.

As he arrived at the school, Tony stepped from his car, immediately sliding a pair of blue tinted sunglasses over his eyes. Unnecessarily large glass doors opened before him as he walked into the empty hallway. 

He glanced into the classroom windows as he walked past each one, a few kids staring back at him. 

A girl emerged from one of the doors, shutting it behind her. 

"Sorry, excuse me." Tony started, reaching an arm out.

"Oh my god, you're Tony Stark." She stared at him, jaw slack.

He took the glasses from his face. "Right you are. Now, where's the receptionist likely to be in this place?"

She hesitated for a moment, before she seemed to find her voice, pointing down the corridor. "Down that way, and turn left. First door on the right."

"Thanks." He winked at her, putting his glasses back on as he walked away.

He strolled towards the receptionist. She was typing furiously on her keyboard, mostly ignorant to his presence.He cleared his throat roughly to get her attention. She looked up at him, bored expression on her face. However, her eyebrows shot up in realisation when she realised who was standing in front of her.