Two

Caroline had dropped me at mine after shopping and now I stood in my room tossing a few essentials into a bag since I knew I'd be staying at her parents after the party. Leggings, underpants, bra, and hoodie. Along with a tooth brush, glasses and contact case, and a phone charger was all I needed. I gave myself one last check over in the mirror. The new pastel pink vans worked great with my fishnet bow socks, black T-shirt dress, and my favorite denim jacket. Tossing the nude lippie I was wearing into my pocket I was out the door.
Caroline was out back setting up the speaker system with our friend Zack when I arrived both hugged me and I went inside to pour myself a drink and toss my backpack into the spare bedroom.

Hey love I don't think I'll make it to your friends
tonight enjoy yourself-Matty

I sighed heavily knowing I shouldn't be disappointed with his absence even though I very much was.

I'm sure I will-Jace

Walking back out to the yard I saw a couple friends from town walking around to the back with bottles in their hand and a cooler. Music started pouring out the speakers reminding me that this was going to be a good night, even without my new friend.
A few hours and many drinks later I was dancing with some people I could barely remember from back in school when I saw George greeting  Caroline at the gate. Running over I half jumped into George almost knocking him over while Chelsea laughed at him.
"Looks like a banging party girl, your friends can party like the best of us." She laughing congratulating Caroline on a good time before taking a bottle from George and heading towards to group of dancing bodies dragging Sam behind her. I shared a drink with Caroline and George hoping he would explain why Matty couldn't make it.
"Honestly we used to do this same type of thing all the time it's crazy to me that we never met in school."
"That's because we were in an all girls private school." Caroline states.
George laughs loudly in disbelief, asking if she's lying. I shake my head and admit that it's true and I only wish she was lying.
"Please tell me you have crazy stories."
We nod agreeing that we do and someone lays a hand on my back. Not the someone I hoped.
"Hey Jace." It's Justin a boy from around the block that was always hanging about. We exchange a few more pleasantries and I note that he's definitely grown since I last saw him. He asks me to dance and I turn to try to escape to Caroline and George, but they've already gone to sit at the fire.
"Sure" I down my drink and follow him into the crowd.
I dance with him for the next several songs, trying to put out of my mind the boy that cheated on me two days ago, and Matty who had made me forget that entirely. Justin's hands roam my sides and upper thighs, he's clearly trying to be polite but I can tell he's enjoying himself too much. I spin my body around in his arms putting a hand on his chest telling him I'm going to run to the bathroom and grab a drink. He smiles and nods continuing to bounce to he beat.
Inside I grab my phone from inside the spare room and go into the bathroom. I've got 4 texts from Matty.

Jace, I should have come to the party I'm bored.

Hey I hope you're having fun send me pictures of George drooling over your friend;)

Comm meet us jave I misss you

Love come finn me letts go dancxing.

I call him walking into the kitchen annoyed that he would think I'm going to leave my friends party to see his drunk ass when I hardly know him.
"What's your issue?" I say as soon as he answers.
He slurs back to me that he's having a great time with someone named Simone and that she has the best blow and begs me to come find them.
"Fuck you Matty."
I hang up tossing my phone back into the spare room locking the door before heading back to where Caroline George and now Sam are sitting.
"Your boy has some nerve tonight."
"What did he do" George stands up searching his pockets for his phone. "That idiot is going to be the death of me. Did he say where he was?"
"No he told me the blow was good and to find him, does he do this a lot?"
George has already walked away to call Matty so Sam explains.
"It's been a long time since he did something like this but yeah, it used to happen a lot. He cuts us off and goes off with these really shit people. He did it when his parents separated, and we didn't see him for weeks. Last time it happened was when his ex, well." She was clearly struggling to talk about the subject, "She was in a really bad place and she dragged Matty there with her. They did all sorts of terrible drugs and spent nights on the streets because they forgot where home was. They broke up a year ago or so because she told him she was sucking dick to get their blow.
After that Matty lost it, he found this older women Simone. She got him all the drugs and booze he wanted and they went on a bender together until her husband came home from business, kicked the shit out of Matty and left him for dead by the bar."
Caroline and I are in stunned silence while she explains that George and Gabbie found him their and half dragged him back to George's apartment at the time. Apparently that was 6 months ago. George comes back shaking his head and asking if we mind having Sam and Chelsea stay with us, or call a cab, if he doesn't make it back tonight.
"Of course, let us know when you get him, or if you need help." Caroline gets up to walk him out after he hugs each of us.
"He really is a good guy, he just has a bad history." Sam says reassuringly.
Caroline comes back over to us with four shot glasses and Chelsea.
"George says to ignore Matty's texts for the night, says he gets hostile and weepy when he's like this."
I nod downing my shot and a few minutes after the burning liquid goes down the girls seem to be in better spirits so I let them drag me to the speakers and dance until people start to leave.
Our friends have all left. We get the pull out bed set for Chelsea and Sam in the living room, assuring them that it's fine for them to stay. Then I go to my bed for the night and finally check my phone. 6 messages from Matty. I only really read two. The last two.

I wishh id gone to yours tonighht I wouldve beentrying to kiss you sll nihht hoping u didn kiss someone tonig love

Your just llike the rest off em cant hanfle havving a good time onc on a whole bitchjust had to tattle on me huh what a greattt new friend

I try not to be offended when another text comes through

It's George I've got him I'm sorry about what he said he really doesn't mean that shit

I read the other messages before I try to fall asleep, confused, and alone.