Eighteen

*this chapter has a bit of triggering/sensitive material*

The week had dragged on for what seemed like a year. Most of the week Matty had been busy recording music and meeting with different people that were helping them plan a tour. Friday had finally arrived and since they were going to be recording until late Carrie, Sam and I, decided we would go to a dance club to have some fun. They were both already at Sam's waiting for me since I'd had to work the latest so I tried my best to hurry through getting ready. Taking the fastest shower possible without wetting my hair before I got dressed. In my time crunch I didn't go heavy with my makeup just enough to cover up the redness in my face and a big wing for liner, of course I went extra with a purple lip to makeup for it. Throwing on a simple black body con dress with long sheer sleeves, a denim jacket, and some blocky heels I zipped out to Sam's as quickly as I could to meet my best friends.
I was freezing as we headed out the door to the cab, the shot I'd taken before leaving wasn't warming me up at all.
"Should've just worn pants what's wrong with me."
"You look good and you'll be warm once we're in the club, although I did offer you tights you just didn't want them remember," Sam laughed teasing me.
We talked on the way to the club about more plans for the weekend, now that it was cold and the guys were so busy none of us had as much motivation to go out and party. Sam offered up her house for a small party tomorrow, nothing crazy just our friends, some drinks, and maybe a few games. I texted Matty letting him know the plan and hoping they'd finish recording tonight and have tomorrow free. For now I'd have to wait for a response, after how the week was I was used to it.
The club wasn't too packed yet when we arrived but it was just past 10 and we knew that soon enough a big crowd would flood through. Taking advantage of the small line at the bar we got a shot and drinks, letting the alcohol warm us up. Dancing with friends had always been something that made me happy, almost elated sometimes. As long as you had real friends around at a club it was a good time.
Hours past while we were drinking away our evening. At some point I'd gotten a text from Matty telling me they were determined to finish tonight and that he hoped I was having a good time. I giggled texting him back a racy message about wanting him to come to my place when they finished. My laughter prompted Carrie and Sam to peak over my phone both making gagging noises at me.
"Let's grab another drink before it's last call rush!" Carrie shouted over the music.
Grabbing our drinks we leaned against the bar along the wall all of us beginning to feel the exhaustion from spending hours dancing.
"Dude some asshole has been eyeing you for half the night, it's so creepy and gross," Sam said to me gesturing across the room.
"He looks really weirdly familiar."
I racked my brain while Caroline and Sam chatted and bounced to the beat still pounding over us. The man watching me had noticed that I'd seen him and was now trying his best to keep eye contact with me despite the crowd. My phone began buzzing with Matty's name across the screen.
"You guys wanna head out? Matty's calling me so I want to head outside anyway might as well grab a cab back to Sam's now."
"Sounds good to me just going to pee first."
"Same I don't want to pee in an alley while we wait for a cab," Sam laughed trailing behind Caroline to the restrooms.

"Hey babe, sorry I didn't answer right away I didn't want to try to shout at you over the music, hows recording going?"

"It went amazing Jace I can't wait to have it ready."

"Did you guys finish enough that you don't have to go in tomorrow? Or at least not tomorrow night."

"Yes, and everyone is excited to de stress over at Sam's. Speaking of when are you headed back there? I figured I'll wait to leave here until you're on your way back so I can pick you up."

"Well I'm waiting for them to come out from the bathrooms now then grabbing a cab out, I can tell you when we get one."

"Alright, I'll be waiting love. George stop I can't hear the phone! Ugh text me, these idiots won't shut up!"