Six

+This chapter is incredibly short I'm sorry+

Caroline and I are both on our second or third glass of wine, the food is cleared up already and we're on the couch talking over whatever show is on. She congratulates me on dropping Cam for good, Carrie was the other one who was always there to pick me up when I went over board those days. When I got together with Cam she'd been thrilled that I had someone to keep me safe when she couldn't, but then she'd watched him destroy what we had.
"So George tells me he and the boys have a show Friday. He wants us to go see them if we're around."
"What kind of music is it?" I try not to focus on the fact that Matty hadn't brought the show up to me at all. Though, I hadn't really given him more than one or two cheeky texts back. Trying to keep him at an arms length.
"He said it's alternative. A little punk, a bit pop."
"I guess I wouldn't mind, I hope Matty won't feel like I'm over stepping to show up to their show unannounced."
"Are you fucking kidding," she half shouts slapping my arm, "George was saying he's been so annoying talking about you since you met. Granted it's only been a few days, he said Matty hasn't been this animated in a while."
I try to process that taking out my phone, I show Caroline the few texts between us.
"You haven't even answered him though? Are you some how immune to his charm and good looks?"
"I'm just not sure I want to rush into anything new, I'd love to keep sleeping with him though. God."
Caroline cracks up, choking on her wine from laughing so hard. I give her an over view of how the night he was here went, leaving almost no details out. Her eye brows wiggle and she tells me I have to text him, but she gets why I don't want to get involved. Especially with the bender he went on Saturday.
"What about George? You guys seem like you're clicking pretty well." I grin at her pressing for more gossip.
"He's sweet, but he's seeing someone. It's fine with me though. That takes the pressure off me to try to wow him, we can just be friends and that's good with me." She's lying about it being fine, I can see her face getting red while she talks about him. We drop the subject of boys and watch a few episodes of Ghost Hunters before Caroline heads home.
"Text him, you know you want to!" Are the last words she shouts to me as she walks out the door.

Sorry, Caroline was over for dinner tonight. Maybe another night this week ;).-Jace

Hoping to seem as aloof and detached, I don't wait for him to respond before I climb into bed. Today went relatively smooth and now I've got a show to look forward to for Friday, even if I'm not sure I'm ready for it.