Chapter 1: How it all began

3rd person POV

It was a normal day in Izuma's life, she was celebrating her 4th birthday with her parents and her friends as well as her childhood friend Katsuki Bakugou and his mother. The day was perfect and everyone was happy.

One day, during kinder garden, bakugou received his quirk, it was making explosions and everyone was surprised that his quirk was so powerful. Izuma looked at bakugou in awe and amazement and then told him, "Kacchan, your quirk is so cool! I hope my quirk will be as cool as yours!!" Kacchan looked at Izuma and gave her a massive grin and said, "Izu-chan, you better get your quirk soon and it better be good or I will stop being your friend." She nodded, "hmm, I will!" Then he said, "When you do get your quirk, we can get married, right?" he asked. "Hmm, we can."

For a while, nothing too different happened, neither anything new or any kind of sign of a quirk appearing.
So after a couple of months of waiting, she convinced her parent of taking her to get check-ups for a quirk.

When they got there with her mother and got the check-ups done, the doctor came back with a sad look in his eyes and told Izuma and her mom that all the test results show that Izuma doesn't have a quirk and chances are Izuma won't have a quirk. izuma was devastated by what the doctor said and just froze there for the rest of the talk with the doctor.

When the two got home and told Izuma's father, Hisashi about her not having a quirk, he totally flipped and became enraged, throwing a fit of anger and frustration. Izuma became afraid of her father's behaviour and hid behind her mother, burying her face at her back as her father's fit continued, and he blamed Izuma's mother, Inko that she was quirkless.

Izuma was at the tender age of 4 when her father left her and her mother after he found out she was to be quirkless, he said that he didn't need a quirkless failure of a daughter, which really wounded Izuma.

After Kacchan found out about Izuma being quirkless, he slowly began to hate and despise the girl, as he saw her as a bother and a useless nobody and because if this he began bullying her and abusing her, giving her the nickname 'Deku' which meant 'quirks' or 'useless'.

A few years passed by and Izuka was now almost 7 years old. During this time, Kacchan became even more violent towards her. And got himself groupies that follow him around and obeyed his orders. He would beat Izuma up, pick on her a call her nasty stuff, and at one time he burned one of the hero analysis books that she had, his groupies and he would laugh at me and then leave some Tim later.

Things between Izumi and her mom, Inko were not any better. Her mom became distant from her after her father left, she still loved Izuma, she just stayed away from her.

Almost half a year passed and Izuma was soon going to be 8. Her life was not looking any better or any worse, that is until THAT day.

Izuma's POV

I was walking home until I saw something in the shadows. I thought it was nothing and continued to walk home. All of a sudden, I see it again, but this time there were two shadows instead of one. As I turned to look at the direction of where it went I saw a glimpse of my mother being taken by force and a look of utter fear in her eyes as she looked at me. Without thinking, I ran after the shadow and my mom, only to see the man who took my mother cornered, I stop as the man stops, he turns around and I see he had an evil grin on his face. He then told me, "well hello there little one, I'm guessing this woman is your mother as you didn't hesitate to run after me." As the man finished I said, "yes, she's my mom, now let her go!" The man's grin grew (if that was possible) and he started to laugh, then said, "Oh I'm sorry, but I can't let her go, you see, I have orders to bring her to my client." He said after he stopped laughing. "Why can't you? You don't have to do this, just let her go, please," I begged the man to let her go, but it only made him laugh more. "Ha ha ha!! And why do you think I would do that?"