The Queen and Her Puppet

As I stood at the edge of town staring out of the fields my mind began to wander. Everything that had happened to me over the past few months went threw my mind. The time I spent with teams RWBY and JNPR. The time I spent with my leader and the rest of my teammates. Even the time I watched as Beacon crumbled before our very eyes.

"....."

"(Y/n)?"

I was stirred out of my thoughts as I glanced up seeing my mother standing before me.

"(Y/n), are you okay?"

"Yeah mom... Just thinking about... everything..."

"Oh my poor baby... I know you've had to watch your friends leave and your school crumble, but at least you are alive right?"

"......"

"Just know if you ever need to talk you can always talk to your mother."

She just softly stroked my hair before walking back into town as I stared aimlessly out into the woods.

The last conversation I had with Pyrrha was burned into my mind. All I could do for her was comfort her barely able to move, before Cinder ended everything.

"(Y/n)?"

I shot up in shock hearing Pyrrhas' voice as I looked around wildly.

"P-Pyrrha?!?"

I cried out hoping to get a response as nothing but the wind whistling in response to my plea.

I sat back down wiping my eyes as the tears began to flow. I shook my head as my heart wretched in guilt and pain. I sniffled wiping my nose and eyes taking deep breaths like everyone always told me to do.

Once calmed down again I starred out into the woods before seeing that certain spear poking out of the trees. I rubbed my eyes looking again just to see it still there as my jaw dropped in disbelief. I stood up to run out and grab it before my mind began processing everything.

"...That can't be her spear, that's long gone."

The wind whistled as I sat back down staring at the spear.

"The woods are just playing tricks on me, showing me something I wish was true."

I just watched as some leaves rustled and a human walked out of the woods, I stared dead at the woman.

Her crimson hair, her vivid green eyes, her golden circlet. I shakily stood up as I watched the woman I had loved walk out of the woods. She just looked around before her eyes must of landed on me, a warm smile quickly spread across her face. I slowly walked down the small hill as she met me at the base. 

"P-Pyrrha? I-Is that really you?"

Hesitantly as if she was too scared to respond nodded her head slowly.

"I-I'm not going mad am I? You... You are really here right infront of me??"

Again she didn't speak but just motioned her head confirming my hopes as I just fell to my knees.

I watched as she knelt down and softly stroked my hair as I was at a loss for words. My eyes began to water up as I tried wiping them as Pyrrha just remained silent stroking my hair.

"I-I'm sorry Pyrrha... I just... I thought I had lost you, we all lost you... For the last month I spent this time trying to get over everything from the fall of Beacon to the loss of my friends. Everyone left and now it's just me and my mom again. I just..."

I trailed off as Pyrrha just had her smile still on her face, her eyes watching me with eerie silence.

"P-Pyrrha? W-Why aren't you talking?"