The Wallflowers

Modern au

"Just one more day... One more day..."

I mumbled to myself as I wandered through the cafeteria with my tray of food.

I made it to the last row of tables about to sit down until I fell to the ground. I faceplanted on my tray smashing the food into my face as I just groaned in silence. I looked back to see the outstretched foot of Cardin as he and his merry band of jackasses just snickered. To keep myself safe I just took a deep breath and stood up with my tray heading to my table. When I sat down Sun just grabbed my shoulder and made me look at him.

"...Sun I am fine..."

"Dude... You are my best friend and you have dealt with his shit for our entire time in high school."

"Sun it's fine we only have today to get through then our finals week."

He just looked at me and sighed knowing I wasn't going to budge when it came to this.

"...Well there is no way he is getting into the college we want."

"Sun I am pretty sure you can't get into said college as well. You know how hard it is to get into Beacon right?"

"I mean... I can try can't I?"

Now it was my turn to sigh with a bit of a chuckle.

I used a plethora of napkins to clean my face and head enough to meet my standards as lunch just slowly ticked on by. Sun and I had been friends since we were babies, our mothers went into labor around the same time and everything. This is what sparked the fierce loyalty between us that no man or woman would ever be able to get between.

"So Sun still single I assume?"

"You know it no woman can tame the moneky king."

"I thought... nevermind since when are you the monkey king?"

"Just now and you are the...."

"Sun I am not playing along no matter what."

We shared a laugh as I just sighed happily enjoying our time together as friends.

As lunch concluded and the day finished time flew by and within what felt like minutes we had graduated and were awaiting our letter from Beacon. Throughout all of summer I spent that time just being happy with myself and trying to make the most of my time with my friend. Sun did the same thing and kept me out of my house as much as he and his family could do. As right now we were at the mall spending time waiting for the letters to come. A woman walked up to us lowering her shades to stare at us or more specifically Sun.

"Hey cutie can I have your number?"

"......."

"Sorry the monkey king doesn't have need of someone right now... But my frie-"

"Okay sorry for bothering you."

The girl just walked away as all I could do was sigh and slouch on the bench while Sun placed his hand on my shoulder.

"It's okay man she wasn't worth your time at all."

"...I wish I had your charm man..."

"Trust me it is more a curse then a blessing."

He said trying to cheer me up as all I could do was shake my head trying to not think about my abysmal parents.

"...Did they get in touch with you?"

"Who? Oh... You mean them... Yeah my mom and step father have been trying to talk with me and by talk I mean scream and yell at me about spending my time in my room. Oh and then there's my father and step mother screaming at me to be a doctor or a lawyer or something with my grades when I just want to be happy..."