[1/10] your touch is gentle, but it is heavy upon my heart

amajiki tamaki was perhaps best known for his cowardice. he didn't necessarily enjoy being known for that particular negative aspect about himself, but he couldn't help but agree. he was a coward, after all.

[surname] [name] was known for her gentle bravery. she was a certain type of brave that was soft, the type of brave that was considerate and compassionate. she was not a coward like tamaki was. that was what tamaki liked about her.

no-- that was what tamaki loved about her.

her touch was tender, nimble fingers that moved across his skin in smooth patterns. her skin was soft, dancing over his exposed skin whenever she could with light touches that made his heart shudder.

[name]'s thumb rubbed faint circles over the back of tamaki's hand. she held it close to her with both hands, as if she were trying to keep tamaki close to her. he was going nowhere, they both knew that.

she lifted their joined hands to her face, brushing her lips against his skin so lightly that he almost didn't even notice. but he did notice.

he felt the coughs before they came, yanking his hand from her grasp so that he could cover his mouth with both hands. they racked his body and when his shoulders finally stopped quivering, his trembling body coming to rest, he drew his palms away from his face again.

in his cupped hands was a layer of delicate white petals, stained with crimson where blood had spotted them. with shaking hands, tamaki dropped the petals into a nearby trashcan.

oh-so-gently, [name] dabbed at the smears of blood on his skin with tissue. when his hands were clean, she turned to his face, silently touching the tissue to the corner of his lip. she tossed the dirtied tissue in the bin.

this time when she took his hand again, she held them tighter.