[2/10] the lilt of laughter in your voice

[name]'s voice was one of tamaki's favorite qualities about her. tamaki could listen to the dulcet tones of her speaking forever. her mellifluous laughter could light up a room.

she never raised her voice. it was always a pleasantly low volume that reminded tamaki of his mother reading him a bedtime story when he was young. it was like she was always whispering something meant only for his ears, though the thought of that always sent heat to his face.

they spent a lot of their shared time in quietude, more enjoying each other's presence than needing to fill the air with noise. still, tamaki yearned for the sound of her voice and some days, it was the only thing he could stand hearing.

she had a smile on her lips. he liked when [name] was smiling, that was when she looked the prettiest. although, one could make a good case that she was always at her prettiest.

[name] stood on the tips of her toes, since she was shorter than tamaki, and raised her chin so that her lips aligned with his ear. she cupped her hand around it, the tips of them turning bright red as her warm breath fanned over the side of his head.

her voice, sweet and laced with tints of amusement that was just a smidge away from laughter, bloomed a whole new flower in his chest. "i love you," she whispered.

he knew that he would be coughing up tons and tons of petals tonight.