[5/10] telling me not to worry is like telling me not to breathe

tamaki's eyes were ringed with dark circles, falling shut every chance they got.

[name] tapped him on his shoulder, sending him a concerned glance when they locked eyes.

the sunlight shone on her form, bathing her in an ethereal glow. her hair looked a shade lighter, her skin looked aglow, her eyes looked clearer than ever. it took his breath away.

he shook his head wordlessly, averting his eyes. if he kept looking at how beautiful she looked right now, he would probably just keel over on the spot. he felt flowers rising in his chest.

he covered his mouth with his hands, hacking into his palms. when the petals hit his skin, he cringed. despite how soft they were, they felt like knives digging into the delicate skin of his palms each time they touched him.

[name] was quick to the rescue with a tissue and gently patting his back. "it's okay, tamaki..," she cooed. "don't worry."

he looked up, meeting her eyes for only a moment before he had to look away again. he drew his hands away from his face again, dumping the petals into the plastic bag that he carried for when they weren't near a bin. "telling me not to worry is like telling me not to breathe..," he murmured in response.

she smiled at his hands as she cleaned the blood off with the tissue. "i know. so hold your breath and trust me."