[9/10] wilting petals

"i love you," [name] voiced across the table to tamaki for the nth time that week. she was determined that if she told tamaki enough, he would believe it.

and, lo and behold, he had been breathing relatively easily since the second day she had been doing it. he only coughed up a handful of petals. they were accompanied with lots of blood, but that was only natural at this stage of hanahaki. [name] always cleaned it up wordlessly with the tissues she always kept on hand, smiling reassuringly even though it never reached her eyes.

she always kept a smile on her face. maybe she read his mind and knew that he liked it when she smiled, but tamaki found that unlikely. was she really that pleased that less daisies were being coughed up?

tamaki turned his attention to the window, watching a woman kneel down to pet the dog that someone else was walking.

"i love you," [name] said again, startling tamaki with how unprepared he was to hear her voice.

even if he didn't fully believe her yet, he was on his way. and plus, he didn't really mind hearing her say it so many times.

he looked forward to the day those words could pour from his mouth instead of flower petals.