afterword

hey! thanks for reading oblivion! this story was written in the process of a couple days with absolutely no planning, but considering that, i'm pretty proud of how it turned out!

if you didn't completely understand what was happening, which is understandable given how little plot was involved, here's where i explain it:

hanahaki is a fictional disease where someone with unrequited love had flowers grow in their lungs and kill them unless the get the flowers (and feelings) removed or the feeling is returned. HERE'S WHERE I TOOK MY ARTISTIC LIBERTY WITH THAT-- tamaki (the afflicted) doesn't believe the reader loves him back, so the disease that affects his body won't go away because his mind doesn't believe the feeling is returned. i mean,, the disease isn't psychic, right?

the main sort of "moral" (if you want to call it that) is that you can't just love someone out of a mental illness and it will take lots of time and patience. it, of course, assumes that tamaki does have an actual anxiety disorder, but i don't find that too hard to believe.

and just in case you were wondering, daisies symbolize innocence, purity, and loyal love, which i think you can guess why i chose them.

it's a simple plotline and an even simpler execution, but i reallyyy wanted to write for tamaki and i live for writing angst but i haven't been able to write much of it lately, so i did a short lil angsty thing to sate me.

hope you enjoyed!