[3/10] i keep twisting and turning, but the problems still follow

he fan was whirring quietly overhead, circulating the air in the room. tamaki was tangled in his blankets, holding his pillow to his chest as he stared listlessly into the darkness.

he was the type of person who wore heavy pajamas and blankets and made his room really cold so that he could sleep. his room fit the description exactly today but still... he had trouble sleeping.

on his mind was the only person that ever seemed to be on his mind: [name]. she had whispered 'i love you' on the way home.

does she really love me? tamaki asked himself. he refused to believe that she would love him. he didn't deserve love from someone as amazing as her. she shouldn't love him because he was... him.

when he got home he coughed and coughed and coughed until all the blood stained daisies and their loose petals were expelled from his lungs and instead of the petals spilling from his lips, it was blood. he laid on his floor for a long time after, feeling drained and crummy and so in love.

now that he had recovered some, his mind was heavy with thoughts of her. the way her lips curved when she grinned and you could see her dimples. the way her eyebrows rose when she was surprised and the way they knitted together when she was concerned. when she would laugh and everyone in the room would turn to look at her. the clearness of her [dark/light] eyes and the softness of her hair. how her lips would part when she dozed on his shoulder, breathing deeply...

tamaki tugged at the surgical mask he wore to sleep. he had to so that he didn't get blood all over his sheets, but he still didn't dare sleep on sheets that weren't red, just in case. suddenly, the cloth covering his mouth was suffocating.

there was just no way that she could love him, right? she was so perfect...

a tremor ran through his body and a solitary but whole daisy rose his throat, falling out of his mouth and into the surgical mask. he carefully extracted the flower and set it on his bedside table.

it would be a long time until he fell asleep.