[8/10] thank you god, but also fuck you

when you love someone, it's crazy what sort of flaws you're able to overlook. you can see passed all of their disgusting habits and crummy imperfections, and instead you see this wonderful person who deserves the entire world.

tamaki only saw that person in [name]. she was everything perfect in the world combined into a person. every beautiful sight, all the sunsets and sunrises, all the first snows, all the warm memories and every single one of the amazing things on earth. it was like god neatly gift wrapped everything that everyone loved in one lovely little person and shipped them off to tamaki.

and she claimed to love him? when tamaki was but a boy with too much anxiety and not enough courage to balance it out. when he didn't have anything good going for him.

but she claimed to love him.

claimed?

the doctor said he needed to get the surgery or the flowers would overtake his lungs and he would die. and yet, he didn't want to live without his feelings for [name]. who would he be without her by his side?

if she actually loved him and he got the surgery, then he would cause her to get hanahaki. on the off chance that he was wrong all along, how could he even entertain the idea of hurting the one that he loved?