Saving You -1-

Chapter One

Three Years Ago...

"You're the one who said it was over! What was I supposed to do, sit around crying over you dumping me five minutes after you took my virginity?" Katelyn McAdams shouted, her words echoing through the hallway.

Ian Larson had shown up, again, to beg Katelyn for a second chance.

"You're the only one for me, you know that, I just got scared!" He insisted, like she hadn't heard the same thing through his fifty plus messages, numerous voicemails... Hell, he'd even resorted to sending her emails.

"Congratulations, that's your problem. I told you the second you ended it that I didn't give second chances, what part of that do you not understand?"

Ian looked shell-shocked, and she would have felt bad if this hadn't been going on for months now. "I just... you're right, I took your virginity. Doesn't that mean anything to you? Doesn't anything we shared together in three months' matter?"

Katelyn just sighed. "All it means is you're the first real dick I let inside me. Now I want you to leave, and please stop bothering me. I'm getting really fed up with this."

She didn't know what changed in that second, but something did. There was just one slight movement, but every single sense she had went on instant alert.

"You're getting fed up?" He asked, his tone incredulous, but there was an undercurrent barely concealing something akin to rage. "You... are getting fed up."

Ian tried to step closer, but Katelyn's survival instincts kicked in, warning her she needed to shut the door and get help. Now.

Before the door could shut, however, Ian's hand got in the way. She was tempted to hurt his fingers to make him pull away, but she knew that wouldn't really do anything except make him want to press charges, which would cause a hassle.

"Just let me in, and we can talk about this! I've missed you, and I know you've missed me too."

Katelyn's head rested against the door. At eighteen-years old, she'd thought getting the attention of someone older and more mature was the best thing to ever happen. Though she'd never thought she'd be the settling down type, she had started thinking that maybe it would be possible with Ian.

And then he'd ended it, throwing that away, and all she could think was, thank God I didn't fall in love with him.

"Please go away, Ian. I will call the cops if I have to," she said, trying one last time to make him stop.

She may not have fallen in love, but she had thought the possibility was there. Now that it was over, and had been for five months now, she just wanted to never see him again.

"Not until we talk this out! Katie, baby, just give me a chance to explain. Please!" He began pushing against the door, and it took all of Katelyn's energy to keep it where it was.

"Ian, stop! And you know I hate being called Katie!"

The pushing didn't stop, and though Katelyn wasn't in bad shape, she wasn't strong enough to keep him out. She was just glad that her roommate, Carrie, wasn't here right now, but she had to get Ian gone; Carrie could be back at any moment, and she really didn't want to drag her into this mess.