Saving You -12-

Chapter 12

                She was officially unpacked. Katelyn surveyed the finally clean house. All her clothes were hung up or put away, all kitchen utensils were stored where she wanted them, and now all that was left was to get the couch set up when it arrived tomorrow.

                She'd even go to the store and picked up some actual food. Well, that may have been a bit of stretch. It was more like she'd picked up as many cheap microwavable meals as she could along with some eggs and bacon, but it counted. Especially since most of the time, Katelyn was either at work or Carla's anyway, so it really didn't matter too much.

                Declan had left a couple of hours ago, leaving her with a satisfied glow she knew would last her a while. He'd thoroughly ravished her, and she'd loved every second.

                Now, however, she had the rest of the day to do whatever she wanted, and since she had tomorrow off thanks to the shift-switch with Hannah her evening options were endless.

                Except Declan had worn her out, and all she wanted to do was talk to her best friend.

                Katelyn: Please tell me you're not busy today. If your evil boss is making you work on Sunday, tell him you have a family emergency. I have a LOT to tell you!

                The response came a few minutes later in the form of a video call. Katelyn grinned as she answered it.

                "Girl, you are not going to believe what I did last night," she started, flopping onto her still-messy bed.

                "If you give me any answer that isn't 'hooked up with a hot cop', we're no longer friends."

                Katelyn laughed. "Got it in one. Is it completely juvenile that I'm calling you the second he leaves to talk about it?"

                Laney shrugged. "Maybe. Don't care. Jeff bailed on our thing so now I need to live vicariously through you."

                "All I'm going to say is that I have absolutely no idea how I went so long without knowing what the tongue thing is really about. I mean, I thought I'd had it figured out before but... that was a whole new level."

                Laney let out a low whistle. "That good, huh?"

                Katelyn sighed, a brief memory flashing through her mind. "Oh, yeah. That good."

                "Okay, I wanted details not a mental image. Speaking of, do you even have a picture of this guy? Please tell me you follow him online somewhere for me to stalk?"

                "I haven't asked. Maybe it's stupid but I haven't given a guy I'm seeing my social medias since Ian..." Katelyn trailed off, another, less pleasant, memory of the day before entering her mind.

                "What's that look for? What else happened last night?" Laney sat up straighter, eyes wide.

                "It was no big deal, I don't think. It's just... remember the flowers Ian used to give me?"

                "Those weird black ones? I always thought they were kind of cool until him."

                "Yeah, those. There was a vase of them on my doorstep when I got back. Any other type of flower and I'd think it was a neighborly welcome thing, but those?"