Saving You -11-

Chapter 11

                Declan's first thought as sunlight hit his face was why the hell didn't I remember to shut the blinds last night?

                His second thought was a general curiosity as to why there was a heavy weight on his chest.

                Both questions were answered as he peered through squinted eyes around the unfamiliar room, recalling the night before. Flashes of Katelyn in various positions of ecstasy raced through his mind, making him grin. They'd both hinted they were up for some fun, and she'd definitely delivered. She'd responded so easily to his touch and looked damn good doing it.

                He let his hand run over her bare body slowly, hoping to tease her awake. When that didn't do anything, he shifted their positions to press kisses on certain parts he'd noticed had given him a particularly great reaction before.

                Katelyn let out a sleepy moan, something that had him raring to go for round two.

                "Hmm, if you go a little lower this will be the best morning wakeup call I've had in a while," she said, voice low. He looked up to see her giving him a small smile, eyes barely open as she woke.

                Responding with his own grin, he gave a mock salute. "My wish, your command."

                Katelyn chuckled, running a hand through his hair. He hadn't gotten far when her phone started ringing.

                "Ignore it," he muttered, not stopping.

                She let out a groan. "That's my uncle's ringtone. If I don't answer, he'll come over."

                Well, that was enough to kill the boner. Rolling away, he sighed. "Fine. I'm going to borrow your shower. And do you have some mouthwash or something? I don't have a spare toothbrush on me."

                Katelyn nodded, picking up her phone. "On the counter, help yourself." She gestured to the bathroom and as he made his way there he heard her saying, "hey, Martin."

                Declan wasn't planning on eavesdropping, but he couldn't help overhearing Katelyn when his name was bought up.

                "Who saw Declan's truck? Yeah, he spent the night last night. No, we're not dating. Because I don't want to, that's why. Martin, you know I love you and appreciate everything you've done for me, but I'm not going to talk about this with you."

                That was going to be a fun conversation when he went into the station in a few hours. Katelyn may not want to talk about it, but Declan knew Martin would just question him in person.

                The worry set in as he waited for the shower to heat up. Was it worth it? Starting something with Katelyn was going to bring a lot of people to him, wondering what was going on. Last night he hadn't cared. This morning with her there and willing, he hadn't given a shit. Now, with a clear head, could he say this was a good idea?

                He stepped into the shower, letting the water run over him. Sure, they'd had a great night. But was it enough to deal with being the talk of the town for a little while?

                The shower curtain opened, revealing a very naked Katelyn, who pressed him against the wall and held up an unopened condom packet.

                "We'll need this in a bit. Right now, I think I owe you one," she said, kissing him before he could ask her what she meant.