c. 76; Bunny Baby

dedicated to Cxlby-Brxck bc that's right, corbyn didn't do shit

April 14th - 11:51am
Maine time

The little ceramic bunnies in front of the Bridges' household looked cute to Corbyn as he pulled up to their the house, stepping out of his car that's now parked in the driveway. Other cars lined up on the road next to the large lawn and others parked in the driveway like himself.

He could hear people talking and the music of the playlist Josie and him made days prior. Corbyn opened the front door, stepping into the cozy home to get the aroma of Mrs. Bridges' cooking.

"Smells great Mary Rose," Corbyn complimented, resting his hands on her shoulders. She jumped slightly, releasing the wooden spoon stirring the boiling eggs to put her hands over her heart. She quickly composed herself, turning and hugging the boy she was so close to calling a son.

"It's just boiled eggs and a ham," she chuckled lightly, appreciating the kind gesture Corbyn gave. He wrapped his arms around her quickly and tightly before letting go. He bid a quick goodbye before traveling to the large backyard and barn on the fifty acres the Bridges family owned.

People scattered around the land and around Fredrick who stood by the grill, roasting some type of meat. He turned around from hearing the door open, connecting to see an unofficial family member. Corbyn nodded his head and waved, continuing up the lot to find Josie in the sea of blondes and light browns.

"Josie it's been months. I've missed you so much. How's your first year of college?" Josie's aunt, Gemma, asked as Josie took a drink of her lemonade, pulling Corbyn's jacket closer to her body to keep the cold air of early spring Maine off her soft skin.

"Uh, Imma sophomore now Aunt Gemma. And it's been good. I'm switching majors and my company picked up from a modeling agency," she spoke happily, turning to see him. The crunching of leaves under Corbyn scared her, but she quickly relaxed her tense muscles and held out an arm for him, wrapping it around his torso as Corbyn wrapped his arm around her shoulders, bring her cold, small frame closer to his so that no air could possibly pass between them.

"I've missed something?" Gemma questioned again, pointing a finger of accusation to Josie and Corbyn, raising an eyebrow as Josie laughed lightly, dropping her head to hide the blush and huge smile on her face.

"Corbyn Besson, Josie's boyfriend and math tutor," Corbyn added, laughing at her minimal strength in statistics that caused him to send her easier formulas and practice worksheets.

"What are you majoring in?" She questioned, getting the idea that he's her boyfriend because Corbyn tutored her. Josie quickly wrapped her arm tighter around him, answering above his voice with the answer of "creative arts and teaching". Corbyn shot her a glance, as she pulled them away from her aunt who waved a hand and turned to talk to more aunts and uncles of Josie's.

"Why can't I say I'm a successful musician, you disappointed babe?" Corbyn asked harshly once she pulled them into the guest room of her parents' house. She turned to him, arms crossed and eyebrows furrowed before she began to talk about how her family believes everyone goes to college before making decisions. She didn't want them upset and to shoe him away from her and her family.

Corbyn quickly placed his hands on her biceps, stopping her aimless rambling and letting her take in the much needed breath she was holding from going on and on. She closed her eyes, letting her head fall onto his chest as he took her up into his arms. She shook slightly before resting again, trying to figure out what to do next.

"I want you around, but I need everyone to like you as my handsome boyfriend, not approachable best friend. You're an amazing musician that I'm so proud of, I just don't know how everyone else will react," she laughed anxiously, keeping her eyes down but removing her head from being nestled into his chest. Corbyn smiled and bent down to meet her eyes, taking her chin in between his thumb and pointer finger. Her green irises darted to his blue ones, looking at him through her eyelashes and slightly glazed over eyes.

"I love you, and know that I'm not leaving wether they want me to or not," he spoke quietly to her, watching her eyes fly wide open and breath hitch as she stood up straight. Corbyn took a step back, wondering if he did something before it set in what he said.

"You love me?" Her voice rose as he bit his lip, letting the mood settle as he thought if she did or didn't enjoy the term he used.

"A lot," Corbyn whispered, scratching the back of his neck as he waited for her to make any move—even just breath. She walked forward to Corbyn, placing her shaking hands on his face and standing on her toes to kiss him. She leaned into him as he placed his hands at the curves of her hips, pulling her closer to him once more. The space between them was nonexistent as Corbyn tilted his head and deepened the kiss for the both of them.

Corbyn's hands gripped tightly to leave marks on Josie's hip bones before releasing and moving to her lower half. He pressed his fingertips back into the muscles of Josie's backside, a gasp escaping her mouth in the process. Corbyn smiled against the kiss, loving the effect he had on her.

"Josie, Aunt Gracie is here with baby Kay!" Josie's stepmom shouted from the kitchen, starting a conversation with the two parents who held their baby. The two broke apart, letting the oxygen fill their lungs once more as wide smiles etched across their faces. For, both have come to terms of how in love with each other they are. The infatuation and admiration growing immensely since the first time they meet over a year ago.

It's just, all these feelings can so easily break in a day, and be proven as loneliness not loveliness.

~{-}~

ruining love stories since '18

10/26/18