Chapter 6: Premiere in Pink

At the film premiere, paparazzi lined up, mixing in with the professional photographers. The red carpet was lined up with A-list celebrities, but none of them were considered important tonight. They were lined up, in the middle of the madness, but in truth, people kept glancing to the roadway, waiting for the royal car to pull up and for the princess and future duchess to exit.

When all the stars of Avengers: Infinity Wars lined up, the royal car rolled up. The windows were tinted black, besides the fact that they were bulletproof. The United Kingdom was on a high alert for another terrorist attack, and this movie premiere seemed like the best option. Police with large guns lined the crowds. More police in large hats and brightly colored vests lined the crowd to keep it back.

As the senior ranking royal, Princess Gwendoline was first out of the car. Meghan Markle had to walk around. So nervous to screw up, Meghan kept a few feet back, as if she was at an event with the queen. The princess wasn't having it and motioned for her to come up so they could walk down the red carpet together.

The red carpet was long, and with every step taken, Gwendoline wanted to scream in pain. She kept her face smiling and nice as cameras flashed brightly. A headache started to form. Meghan, on the other hand, was a natural, and while Gwendoline was the main attraction, Meghan was a good distraction.

The two were quite the pain, dazzling in different fashions. Meghan Markle wore a black and tight dress, covering up most of her cleavage and legs but exposing her arms. She was toned down for this event, even with her hair swooped back to showcase her radiant smile and beautiful face. For the princess, the secretaries had gone overboard: she wore pink with pussy bows to match. Her heels were even pink. Her dress was tight, against her usual fashion, and it showcased her cleavage and long legs. The dress also dipped in the back, revealing the bandage over her wound. Pictures snapped at just the quick sight of it. The pink added a feminine feeling to her, something that the princess didn't have often.

As the celebrities lined up, the princess pulled senior rank. It was time that Meghan learned where she belonged. For the rest of her life, Meghan was most likely going to be walking behind. When it came to her husband, Harry was born into royalty. When it came to the dukes and duchesses of Cambridge or Cornwall, they were higher royals. When it came to the queen, everyone was second. When it came to the princess, Gwendoline was born into royalty. Even if Meghan was a duchess now, she would have to walk behind the princess. Even if the Duchess of Cambridge was here, Kate Middleton would have to walk second due to protocol.

Going down the line, Princess Gwendoline greeted them with her good arm. Her bad arm held her purse, which was a secret code in its own right. Depending on how she was holding it, it gave an idea of what she was going to do next. Moving down the line, Gwendoline talked with each celebrity, hugging the ones she knew personally. Meghan talked as long with the last movie star as Gwendoline talked with the current one, no matter how boring.

With the original Avengers, Gwendoline had known Chris Hemsworth for some time, claiming he was her first crush. In some ways, he was correct. Due to her natural height and then heels, she towered over Robert Downey Jr. and Mark Ruffalo. "I know, I know," Robert Downey Jr. said, "I'm your favorite Avenger."

"Actually, that's me," Chris Hemsworth said.

"What about me?" asked Chris Evans.

"Please, you're just Captain America-- I am Thor," the other Chris said.

"Actually, my favorite Avenger would be Black Widow. Girl power and all." The princess moved on.

During the movie, her back continued to hurt. The doctor had suggested pain medicine, but once again, the princess said no stubbornly. Stubbornness was good and bad. In this case, it was both. She wanted a clear head, and with eyes all on her right now, she needed just that. If she learned anything in the monarchy, it was that these moments meant everything, and in moments like these, you had to use them.