Chapter 16: And They were Roommates!

That night, it was a hard time falling asleep, because when she wok in the morning, the Western world was losing its shit. From Commonwealth countries to America to random tabloids around the world, Gwendoline kissing a girl was on the cover of newspapers, magazines and on almost every online news source. In the picture, it was easy to see Gwendoline's Princess Diana-like face. Thankfully, Margo had worn her hair down that day, and her face was hidden. At least she was given time.

Gwendoline sat in front of her vanity. She didn't regret her choice, but she regretted this way of being outed. Gwendoline had never thought about how she wanted to come out. In honesty, it didn't feel like an option. As a princess, historically, she was meant to get married to a person in power because the monarchy needed an alliance, and after that, she was meant to have children. There were going to be no accidental pregnancies here.

Even though security and private secretaries knew, surprisingly, her family did not. The Buckingham Palace private secretary had told the queen quickly, since she was the monarch. For everyone else, they awoke to this news on newspapers at the tables for breakfast.

A knock came to her door. "Enter," Gwendoline said.

The footman stated, "His Highness requests you at the breakfast table."

"Of course he does," Gwendoline grumbled.

"Your highness?" the footman asked.

"I'll be right down."

The footman bowed and closed the door as he left.

Gwendoline stared at herself in the vanity. Behind her, her closet was open, and her makeup was ready to be applied. All of that was going to be used in the upcoming days as armor.

After changing, Princess Gwendoline walked downstairs, where hushed whispers echoed through Clarence House. The footmen and attendants had their own whispers; upon seeing the princess, they quieted and straightened their backs. Gwendoline walked past them, blonde hair blowing back as she did. She breezed into dining room, where Charles and Camilla were eating and talking. As his daughter came in, they slowed both.

"You requested me?" Gwendoline asked.

"Come sit down," Charles said slowly, arm hiding the front page of the newspaper. "Gwen, we need to talk about something, and it may be distressing-- but I want us to be open with each other. I-- I-- want there to be honesty between us." Charles motioned for the doors to close, and they did. Inside the dining room were Camilla, Charles and Gwendoline. The prince uncovered the newspaper and carefully handed it to the princess. The princess took it in her hands and gave no response. "Liney, are you a lesbian?"

"Yes," she said automatically.

"How lesbian?" Camilla asked.

"Like, a measurement?" Gwendoline asked. "Do you mean like from women are cute to women are goddesses? That kind of measurement?"

Charles took over. "Liney, we want you to be happy. If you are a lesbian, we accept you for who you are. You are our daughter after all."

"Good." Gwendoline wasn't very happy with how he acted because it was so weird, but it wasn't the worst. "I am as lesbian as women are amazing and penises are the most disgusting thing I've ever seen."

"I don't think we need to go that far," Charles said as Camilla responded, "You've seen a penis?" Charles cleared his throat. "Liney, we want to make sure that you are happy, and we want to be able to help you. These pictures are all over the internet. There is going to be a lot of publicity. Buckingham Palace spoke with Clarence House today, and they said they came up with a plan."