Chapter 18: Terms of Service

This did not count as an event as a princess, yet Buckingham Palace pushed her to go. With the current terms of service, Buckingham told her to do this, and she did just that. Margo agreed to come, so that made it automatically more fun.

When Margo came down to London, she was one of the many people traveling in for the weekend. A man with a sign waited for Margo at the airport, and she followed him. Her eyes looked all directions, waiting for paparazzi to pop out like they did with Gwen. The man led her into the car park and toward a car. When she got close enough, Gwen popped out, and they crashed into each other.

"I missed you so much," Margo breathed.

"I missed you too." Gwen kissed her girlfriend and then pulled back. "Last chance-- you can still back out."

"No. I promised, and it'll be fun anyway."

"Things will never be the same."

"It's a good thing I love change," Margo lied. Gwendoline gave her a look. "I've been working up to this, and I love you, Gwen. Let's go."

Driving out of Heathrow, the car met other vehicles that went into London. Margo had never been to London. Her parents were strong believers of Scottish independence, and London was the last place they took her. Margo had been all around Scotland, through Wales and across into Northern Ireland. Gwendoline had always offered up bringing her down and giving her a visit, but it had never gone through. Margo's brown eyes were wide as they drove.

Clarence House was close to Big Ben, Westminster Bridge and Parliament Square. It wasn't the quickest route, but Gwendoline had asked the driver for a good tour. Margo's eyes grew even wider as they went past Westminster Abbey. There were other wonderful and arguably better parts of London, but at least these were the basics. The gates opened to Clarence House, and it was no place. It held a spectacular inside, but the outside was white and square. The car pulled around the back.

Growing up, William and Harry had spent half their time at Clarence House, where Prince Charles lived, and half their time at Kensington Palace, where Princess Diana lived. For most of her life, she lived in Clarence House. Someday, she was going to move in Kensington Palace, but that was after she graduated and became a full royal.

The car came to a stop, and two footmen came off the stairs to open the doors. Margo almost accidentally hit one of them. Gwendoline snorted her laughter. The footmen went for Margo's bag next in the boot of the car. Margo turned her head up, looking at the massive building.

"Whatever you do, don't curtsy," Gwendoline warned with a smile.

Margo didn't plan to anyway. "Why not?"

"Because your curtsy is hopeless." Gwendoline took her girlfriend inside.

Clarence House opened up inside, and it was quite magnificent. The Duke of Edinburgh had been put in charge of refurbishing it, and he managed to finished it. Then the king died, and none of it matter because the queen and her family moved in Buckingham Palace. When Prince Charles moved to Buckingham Palace, then Prince William would've moved here. The footmen took Margo's things up to a guest room close to Gwendoline's room.

"This must be Margo," called a voice, and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, walked in. Margo turned quickly, almost dipping into a curtsy until she remembered what her girlfriend said. "It is lovely to meet you."

Margo shook Camilla's hand. "You as well. Gwen has told me a lot of great things about you."

"How lovely," Camilla said.

A few second later, Charles entered, and he greeted Margo too with a handshake. "Welcome to our home," he said. "I'm sure Liney will give you a grand tour, but feel free to go wherever you like. The kitchen is located that way, and it's always stocked. Take what you like when you like." His attention turned to his daughter. "Liney, Camie and I have an event tonight. Are you good with everything?"

"Yes."

"If you go out, please take security."

"Sure, Pa," Gwen said unconvincingly.

Charles let out a laugh. "You two have a good night. We'll see you tomorrow." The Duke and Duchess of Cornwall made their exit, and Gwendoline took her girlfriend upstairs. While Margo's things had been placed in a room beside Gwen's, the princess grabbed her things and moved them into her room. She certainly had a large enough room.

Gwendoline's bedroom consisted of a large bathroom, one large bedroom, a full walk-in closet and a sitting room. In her sitting room, she had a library. Besides the row of windows, each wall was covered in books. Some of it was overflowing. Margo marveled at this the most.

"How have you read so much?" Margo asked.

"It was hard making friends growing up," Gwendoline said. Growing up, it felt like everyone always wanted something, even children. Gwendoline didn't trust the children the most because they didn't know any better. Their parents would just send them her direction without a reason. Children were also the worst because of how mean they were. "Books offered a different kind of friendship." William and Harry had Zara, Eugenie, Beatrice and Peter for friends. The next oldest was Gwendoline, and then it was Louise, who was nine years younger.

Margo walked around the room, which included two full length couches and a few chairs. A crystal glass coffee table held fresh flowers. In the corner, there was an antique desk with a velvet seat. "What's this picture?" she asked.

Gwen joined her and looked at the particular picture. "It's a loch by Balmoral Castle." The specific picture was of teenage William and Harry with a young Gwendoline between them. "We go up to Balmoral every summer, and this picture was taken two summers after our mum died." They all looked so happy and young. "Then they pushed me in and almost drowned me because I was not as good of a swimmer as they thought I was. Granny had it out with them." It still made her smile.

Margo continued her tour around the sitting round, but Gwendoline found her bedroom far more impressive. Margo had an idea why, especially as Gwendoline laid out across it. She tapped the bed and winked.

"Come on. It's the only time my parents aren't going to be home."

"I can hear people in this house," Margo whispered. "How can people have sex with people in the house?"

"Very loudly," Gwen offered.

"Please, you were a virgin when you met me."

"Am I not loud with you?" Gwen pulled off her shirt. Margo's eyes traveled down, even in a desperate attempt not to. However, it had been such a long time. Phone calls didn't do her justice, and neither did imagination. Margo loved her too much.