Ch.21

Co-writer insane_beyond_belief

Breanna's POV

Feeling Airalynn hug me, made my stomach drop. I didn't like these strange feelings that would often come and go when I was around her.

'I missed the way we used to be. Where I didn't get foreign feelings when I was near her, when I could lay next to her and joke around instead of acting like an awkward teenager. '

I tried to push her away and finally she let go. I felt weak. I thought I almost lost her yet I couldn't even hug her, afraid that I might let my true feelings show.

Finally I coughed up the urge to talk.

"Why were you even out here, Airalynn. I thought you were dead?she looked at me ashamed, her face turning a deep shade of red. I knew she was embarrassed.

Airalynn's POV

I didn't know how to respond. I tried not to look her in the eye. I knew if I did I would embarrass myself even more. 

I was about to answer when all of a sudden she laughs. Not just a chuckle a full blown humorous laugh.

"W-why are y-ou l-laughing.  Do you think this is f-funny?! "

She stopped laughing and then looked be straight in the eye,  but as soon as she did she bursted out laughing.

Both me and Violet looked at her weirdly.

She had her hands on her knees bent over laughing. She lifted her head up and slowing began to speak. Tears forming in the bridges of her eyes from all the laughing.

"At first I was worried, " She said between laughs, "but then I realized it's so like you Airalynn to just randomly wonder into the woods and get lost. And not even know where you are even though you have lived here since you were born." She begin laughing

And then I got it. Suddenly I started laughing to. I wasn't even laughing at myself though, I was laughing at Breanna because of course she would find a way to laugh at me in a situation like this.

After what seemed like eternity our laughing died down.

At the same time we looked over at Violet and noticed how confused she looked.

"You two crack me up. One minute your all worried and scared and the next your laughing at one another." Violet chuckled as she spoke.

"Yep,  that's us. "

Breanna looked at me and then spoke in a very rare and unusual soft voice, " You need to get home Airalynn you look like your freezing. "

As we all turned to go home we stopped dead in our tracks.

None of us knew where we were.
We were all lost in the middle of the woods. And it's all my fault.

Will they somehow find a way out or will nature take the best of them.